A small success!

Old 06-21-2003, 07:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A small success!

Hi Friends!

TOday my husband and I went to the beach. We were having a good day enjoying each others company. We were on the beach and he was drinking beer. SOme young guys walked by being very rowdy. Hubby says "now is when the young boys start getting stupid after drinking all afternoon on the beach." And I say "the old boys will be getting stupid later." Hubby laughs and so do I. He says " well at least I don't drive when I am stupid." I paused, and looked at him, and said " We don't even want to go there. Lets just drop it." And hubby says ok.

Now the success is that I choose having a nice afternoon and evening over a chance to be RIGHT! And a chance to hurt hubby pretty badly with a withering example of his stupidity (you all know what I mean-the incident where he drove the motorcycle drunk and dropped it). I know he knew what I could have said (mind you there is more than one example over the years!).

I am so happy because I didn't even struggle with the decision, just decided not to go there and it felt SO GOOD!! I must say I am proud of myself (as if you couldn't tell)!!!

Lately, since the death of our dog, I am feeling more kind toward hubby and less uptight and judgemental. I guess I just feel life is short. And I choose a good afternoon. Thanks for listening. It is so good to share this with you as I know you understand as few others do!
Old 06-21-2003, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's a real triumph, Rose. Enjoy those nice afternoons.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 06-22-2003, 10:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Rose,

It is funny how when someone else is doing the same thing they can look at them and say how wrong it is, and be judgemental, but what they do wrong never fazes them in the least. In such denial!!

So glad that your afternoon went well and you didn't allow him to ruin your day. They can never ruin our days if we choose to not let them. Good call Rose!!! Keep up the good work.

Take care,
matters