SuperBowl today....I am feeling anxious

Old 02-03-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

SuperBowl today....I am feeling anxious

I am feeling anxious about today. We are watching the SuperBowl at our house. Just me, my AH and the kids. I know he will drink, I know I have no control over this.

I know I can leave the house with my children to avoid seeing him drink (I also know that seeing him drink will make me see Red), and he will not be happy if I leave with the kids (I know, who cares?).

What a wishy washy mess I am. Can someone please help me figure out how I can stay in my house today, and not let his drinking drive me nuts. Do I just ignore it? Well yes, I suppose that could work. He even said to me "Am I going to be in trouble when I drink during SuperBowl?" What is this?

Help me, I am so confused!

Shivaya
Old 02-03-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"Am I going to be in trouble when I drink during SuperBowl?"
Ha I have been asked that question so many times and if you say no you feel bad about yourself for not putting your foot down and feel bad for saying yes because you feel like you are going to start a fight and that is not what you want. It is a lose lose battle.

As far as your situation I know that you want to stay home but if you are just going to be pissed the whole time I may take the kids and go to chucky cheese or something along that line. Do you want to watch the game yourself?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I want to be able to stay in my own home today, with my children, and with a husband who is not drunk. I don't really sit down and watch the game, however, I do like to have it on, and to check it out in between playing with my children.

I'm not asking for world peace, just peace in my house on a day that I know could potentially be no fun.

I guess I'm just venting here, getting my frustrations out on the computer so I'll be able to deal with this today.

Thanks for letting me complain.

Shivaya
Old 02-03-2008, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He knows that you are not going to like him drinking, but does he care?? No. So why do you worry that he wont like it if you take the kids elsewhere. Remove yourself and your kids from what is going to be a stressful occasion. I know it's not fair but he is not going to stop drinking for anybody including his kids. do something nice for you and your kids, im sure they'll enjoy being with you rather than watch their dad get drunk.

Im afraid that the littlest things in life are difficult to get with an alcoholic. Take care.

Mair
Old 02-03-2008, 01:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I want to be able to stay in my own home today, with my children, and with a husband who is not drunk
wow I understand how that feels minus the children(for me it is our puppie). I love being at home on a sunday and being able to play with my little puppie, take a nap on the couch, cook some dinner and just relax-a normal wonderful life. I love my home so much and sometimes wish that it didn't feel like a bar!!!!

The thing about my boyfriend is that he will be like I promise I wont drink that much. Well sometimes he is being truthful and he won't take it to extremes but than other times he completly lies and it gets to the point where he is stumbling drunk into our bedroom at 4 in the morning.

I say stay at home and just try to focus on something that you love to do. Play with your children, read a good book, cook a good dinner. If you feel yourself really getting mad than remove yourself from the situation.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think that if he starts drinking, you should leave with your kids and come back later. I felt that same anxiety that my brother went out to drink while watching the game. You just have to try to remove yourself from the situation and worry about yourself and your kids. you can't let them rule your life.