Tomorrow is 2 weeks...

Old 02-03-2008, 09:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is 2 weeks...

since he walked out on us. AH still has not talked with our 11 yo daughter. She is waiting on an apology or at least an admission that he has done something that has affected her, not only him. I told her she may be waiting forever. After 16 years of dealing with his alcoholism, lies, mental abuse and more, he has never apologized to me once. He has seen our three boys one time for a couple of hours and come to our son's basketball games. But other than that, nothing. I can't help but wonder if he misses me at all. I know that shouldn't matter, but the fact that he is enjoys living the single life with his new bar friends and I am here picking up the pieces of his crisis tears me up. Just when I think I am doing so well, the hurt and anger comes crashing in. I can't wait to get to my Alanon meeting tomorrow night.
Thanks,
Melissa
Old 02-03-2008, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I assure you that you are much better off than he is. He is lost in his addiction. This is not a happy life. Just because he doesn't say what you need to hear, doesn't mean that he doesn't feel it. ((((hugs))))
Old 02-03-2008, 11:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

((((((((((((((((((((Melissa)))))))))))
He doesn't have to feel, he has alcohol.
You are left with the feelings.
It is going to take time. Luckily, you've got your children. For them you can't afford to fall apart, even tho you'd like to. Hang in there hon.