What have you done for yourself today?

Old 01-24-2008, 12:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What have you done for yourself today?

Well my friends, im getting a bit bored which is a dangerous time for me, so today i purchased a "Learn Italian" cd and book, oh this is going to be fun!!! I speak two languages Welsh my native tongue and English my second language hence bad spelling and grammer!!

I chose Italian because im taking me and my girls to Venice in the summer and i am so excited, we havent had a holiday for over 10 years. I booked this holiday months ago without my now xab knowledge, cos i was so scared that he would come with us and spoil it all, but now i can tell the world.

It feels good doing stuff for me, i know it's not rocket science but for the first time in years im doing this for ME.

Chow

Mairxx
Old 01-24-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am envious Mair. In happier days my wife and I solk most of our worldly goods and tried to make a living teaching in Spain. Times were tough there so we were forced to come hom after 5 months in Granada but not before we saw Morocco, Portugal, etc.

My personal goal is to retire to the Costa Del Sol, own a villa or two and live the rest of my life traveling in Europe.

I hope soon to purchase the Rosetta Stone series and master Spanish, then kick back into German as I had 4 years of it in college/high school.

Let us know how the trip went. Italy is one of those places I would love to see. =)
Old 01-24-2008, 01:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Zak, make sure you keep your personal goal to retire to the Costa del sol in your heart and dont you ever let go of it. Things will get better Zak. I never thought that I would feel this way but in time i did, I do sometimes miss my xab especially when he was sober, but leaving him was the best thing for the both of us, including my children.

Never liked the German accent much, although when i do go abroad im always asked if im German when i speak Welsh a lot of spitting and weird noises happens. speak to you soon

Mairxx
Old 01-24-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

ok lets see...feeling kinda low and poopy today...soooooo gave myself permission to get off the planet........turned the phone off.........took a hot bath..........and snuggled in bed with the furbabies, a book I'm in the middle of and some herbal tea......
Old 01-24-2008, 01:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think Welsh sounds great. Then again, I love German. =)

I was the kind of kid growing up that loved to immitate accents. I guess that came from growing up when Rich Little was popular, he was a big impressionist (not the painting kind mind you, hehe) in America.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Zak how mixed up is my accent going to be with a little Italian mixed in pretty WEIRD. My kids are in fits of laughter!!! but are getting worried that im going to go public with my new found accent (pay back time)he he he

Mair xx
Old 01-24-2008, 01:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good Move Grateful, give the furbabies a hug from me.

Mairxx
Old 01-24-2008, 01:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I treated myself to some Brie cheese on fresh whole grain bread for lunch! Yummmy!
Old 01-24-2008, 01:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mmm that sounds good i love cheese. I think that we should all do something nice for US it's good for the soul.

Mairxx
Old 01-24-2008, 02:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
ICU

I balanced my checkbook! Boring, I know, LOL!
Old 01-24-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

ICU!!!! hey whatever makes you happy

Mairxx
Old 01-24-2008, 02:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I treated myself to a king size Hershey with almonds bar.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I bought myself a canary. His song is like having a bit of spring in the house, and it makes me feel joy every time I hear him. My kids named him Pavarotti.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What a great name for a canary!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

A canary named Pavarotti! I love it!

This is a very European thread you started, Mair, with you learning Italian and Zak having worked in Spain and Brie cheese being consumed.

Venezia! You need to watch Italiensk for begyndere (2000) "Italian for Beginners"....great movie and they all go to Venice at the end! Also check out Visconti's classic, "Death in Venice" which will give you a real feeling for the melancholic beauty of the place.

So what have I done for me today? Chuckled about that canary! and ummmmm....I studied all morning for my final conveyancing exam tomorrow.

ARL
Old 01-24-2008, 04:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I started working out again (ouch!) and then treated myself to lunch. I took a few pictures and even unplugged the phone for a half hour and took a short nap!

I didn't feel "guilty" a bit,either...(like I used to!)

This past weekend my kids and I took a super-saver flight to visit former neighbors that wanted us to come see/stay with them. The weather was bad,but the fellowship was wonderful! I think I'm making up for "lost time"!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I work full time and go to school full time, and whenever I have a school day (like today) I feel like the entire day is for me. I just sit in class, talk about books, write poetry, argue about history, walk around the campus and sip coffee in between classes.......it's like a dream come true.

Until tomorrow Work day!!

I'll try to make sure I do something for me tomorrow too though. Maybe some of that Brie.....mmmmmmm
Old 01-25-2008, 03:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm glad you posted this, especially with Valentine's Day right around the corner! All my friends right now are either married or have boyfriends, so I'll be on my own.

As for Italy, I was 18 when I was there ... very cool, especially traveling by bus down to Naples from Rome. You're going to love it!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I have been in Colorado for a week. (I go home tonight) No kids, no AH, no worries!!!!! I have found serenity again in the mountains. All of you who live near the mountains I hope you see it and enjoy them everyday! I'm taking some home with me in my heart!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 07:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Angel I love Colorado. We have friends who live in Evergreen and we visit them from time to time.

By nature I am an outdoorsman. I find my personal peace in rolling hills, thick forests and trails that lead to anywhere.

One of my favorite times was when we took a 2 week trip to Estes Park. We camped, stayed in a cabin and I did an overnight backpack trip with 2 guys that was a highlight in my life.

Right now though, I am slowly shriveling up inside in flat, boring Illinois. I need to move. =)