What have you done for yourself today?

Old 01-25-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Please come visit us all here in Colorado any time.......we have lots of room and lots of serenity to spare, not to mention those 300 sunny days per year

I have lived all over the world but I don't think I could move away from here........there is such peace in the big trees and the long views. It makes it so hard for me to see my life as this tight little claustrophobic mess it used to be, when the big peaks loom over and say, "the world is an awfully big place, GL"

Zak, have you ever had breakfast at the Wildflower Cafe in Evergreen? Such a homey, funky little place and such good food.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CBrown View Post
I'm glad you posted this, especially with Valentine's Day right around the corner! All my friends right now are either married or have boyfriends, so I'll be on my own.
This will probably offend some people but Valentine's Day is BS. See my post on the Songs with Meaning thread about the unhealthy messages society bombards us with constantly. Whether I'm in a romantic relationship or not, I don't need a Hallmark Holiday to celebrate love. The only point of this pointless "holiday" is to separate me from my money. I refuse to buy a bunch of red and pink froo-frah just because it has been decided that February 14th is the day to buy useless stuff for those I love. Ha! I have learned over the past 2 years that love is all around me. It is in the relationship I have with my children, my friends (including my cyberfriends here on SR), in nature, and my relationship with myself. I celebrate and embrace love every single day. And even though I happen to be dating someone at the moment, February 14th will still be just another day. Robert Burney has a great article regarding Valentine's Day. Romantic Relationships and Valentine's Day-column by codependence counselor

L
Old 01-25-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by angelonmyshould View Post
I have found serenity again in the mountains. All of you who live near the mountains I hope you see it and enjoy them everyday!
Thank you for the reminder. I live near one of the most beautiful mountains in the world. And, what I'm doing for myself today (actually tonight), is going skiing down it with my son and daughter.

L
Old 01-25-2008, 09:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GiveLove View Post
Zak, have you ever had breakfast at the Wildflower Cafe in Evergreen? Such a homey, funky little place and such good food.
That I have. =) Very good food there if it is the same place I am thinking of. I remember eating in their outdoor patio with the big heat machines pumping out heat on a cold winter day.

My wifes best friend is a volunteer firewoman with the Evergreen FPD. She and her husband live just down the road across the street from the restaurant.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:55 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
Thank you for the reminder. I live near one of the most beautiful mountains in the world. And, what I'm doing for myself today (actually tonight), is going skiing down it with my son and daughter.
Just got word, ski club has been cancelled. Big storm coming in. I guess they didn't want to chance getting stranded by weather with a busload of kids. Can't say I blame them. Hopefully, next week it will happen. *sigh*

L
Old 01-25-2008, 07:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Today, I got a new hair cut and golden highlights to go with my "new eye." I found that the best way to cover up a seriously bruised eyelid is to let the purple take center stage and chose purple eye shadow. What a perfect camoflauge! It was a fresh change from my usual office-gal choice of beige or brown; I might just stick with it for a while.

Then I met my sister at a local antique shop for a bit of shopping. I didn't find any real treasures, but most of the fun is in the hunt. Afterward, we stopped off at a little sandwich shop where I presented her with a little gift--a leather bound gratitude journal--because she's a wonderful sister.

I might go out and look for a new outfit tomorrow, so on Monday when I unveil the "new eye" to my friends at work, I'll really look my best.