What are you....

Old 12-21-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What are you....

......good at. I need another "feel good" thread today (I loved the dancing thread!). It is obvious that this group is full of talented, intelligent people. What are YOU good at?

I'm good at working with deaf dogs and inexplicably good at mathmatical formulas. (ok....so I couldn't put 2 & 2 together very quickly regarding my codie behaviors but really......I'm kinda good at math.)

Tell me......what are YOU good at?
Old 12-21-2007, 10:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm good at Asian cooking. Love all those colors and textures and shapes, and love that it's both good for me AND yummy, so I "studied" in order to get good at making it for myself. Mmmmmmmmm.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am very good at writing technical computer manuals and love doing it. I feel fortunate to have a career I enjoy so much.

I am good at cooking and love cooking for family and friends.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am a good mom!! I love hanging with the kids! And I am also great at crossword puzzles, cooking, and listening! and boy does that feel nice!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ICU

Right now the only thing that comes to mind is creative decorating on a budget....i.e. recycling something that is broken or has outlived it's current purpose into something else.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm good at being sarcastic....like....I'm good at relationships....yeah right.....:rof

Really, I'm good at finding good deals, being thrifty, being a friend, being a mom, daughter, & sister now that I'm clean & sober. I'm also good at being an accountant! Keeping house, cooking & decorating.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I'm a professional artist, so I excel at painting, drawing, web design, interior decorating, cake decorating, garden design, you name it. I enjoy making the world a prettier place.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Givelove - Asian cooking......yum!!!!! I'm REALLY good at eating it!

Barbara - so YOU are the one that does that! And YES you are lucky to love what you do!

gjfc3 - YOU're good at the MOST important job! I love my Mom.

ICU - could you come to my house? I could use some help!

cookconfay- sarcasm cracks me up....really! I could also use you at my house. I'm really lousy at some of those things!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

I'm a good jewelry designer and maker, I also do web design and the actual creating! I also have done some interior decorating for work!
So much fun-I'm good at being a friend from what I'm told and tend to believe that!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

FormerDoormat - I LOVE creative people! (ok...and I'm a wee bit jealous of them too!)
Old 12-21-2007, 11:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Rella927 - A person can NEVER have too much jewelry. What was that wonderful line from Steel Magnolias - The only thing that sets us apart from animals is our ability to accessorize! Another creative person!
Old 12-21-2007, 11:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well I was a very good carpet layer, until the back and knees went south on me. I was lucky enougth to start my career with a small shop in Mpls. we had 2 types of clients, the very well to do, & the Wards account. for some reason the boss allways stuck me with the high rollers. I got to work in some beautifull homes, with some very exotic carpets, I had been offered jobs with Hyatt and other big hotel chains.
Sewing the carpets has been a lost art for the last 20 or 30 yrs, and that is what I cut my teeth on. I miss all the freinds and customers I used to work with.:ghug:rof
Old 12-21-2007, 12:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Geees poncho - an artisan! There are so many lost arts as TRUE craftsmen get bad backs and knees!
Old 12-21-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm good at making people laugh...learning new skills...playing 'tall girl' sports...listening to people...writing anything from fiction to manuals...and editorial critique.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

tryingtoheal - Making people laugh is an awesome thing to be good at! AND you're another one of those creative people that I envy!

Thank you all for letting me know a little bit about yourselves. I could tell that everyone here were really amazing people! Now we all know each other just a wee bit better. We know the GOOD stuff! Thank you all for sharing your special talents with me!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-21-2007, 03:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

And just one more thing.......didn't it feel really really good to focus on YOU! We need to do more of that, don't you think?
Old 12-21-2007, 03:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I agree, KindEyes!
Old 12-21-2007, 07:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I just had a pre-Christmas drink with a friend and she told me that whenever I talk about my teaching, my eyes shine and my voice is brimming with enthusiasm. So......I guess I am a good English teacher. Yes! I love my subject. Sadly, it isn't going to bring me the financial security I need in the long run but maybe I can keep it part-time.

I am also a good listener.

I am a good cook.

I speak three languages fluently so I'm a good linguist too.

Hey! GOOD thread topic. It's not often that we are allowed to boast!

ARL
Old 12-21-2007, 09:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am a good friend, I was a good wife, a good Marine, a good cook and a fabulous shopper!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I am a loyal friend, mother and daughter. I am a quick study. If there is a problem I can quickly find a solution.
I am very good at working with troubled adolescents.
Money management is my forte. Trip planning is a pleasure. Public speaking comes naturally.
I am getting better and better at non co-dependent behavior