What are you....

Old 12-21-2007, 10:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I write well. My area of expertise is proof reading technical material for publication in scientific journals; specifically, astronomy journals. It may sound interesting, but it CAN be sleep-inducing! Although I enjoy writing, and my syntax and spelling are usually correct, I still have problems writing-inside-the-box because I tend to have a stream-of-consciousness style.

I attended L'Academie de Cuisine in Bethesda, Maryland and am schooled in classic French and Chinese cuisines. I excelled in sauces. Sauces - now that does sound boring!!!

I'm good at finding the humor in a situation. I laugh. In fact, I laugh A LOT. Hey, living with an A does NOT have to be crummy all the time! I also snort when I laugh. (I never said I was a sophisticated laugher.)

I'm good at reading navigational charts - got me around the Chesapeake Bay boat-wise for five years.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by prodigal View Post
I write well. My area of expertise is proof reading technical material for publication
Bless you! It is my editors who really make my work shine! I always consider it a blessing to have an editor on my projects. It doesn't happen often enough.

Lord knows one of my manuals can be the best insomnia cure in the world.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Music -- classical piano. Had I not suffered from stage fright I probably would have majored in it in college. I bailed when my instructor started saying "we could add etude to your senior recital." But I still love sitting down and playing Chopin nocturnes and ripping through Beethoven's Pathetique.

No, this isn't me, but the Pathetique is great to listen to. YouTube - 2007 State Rally - Beethoven, Grande Sonate "Pathetique"

So instead I majored in secretarial studies (huh?!). Same thing, different keyboard! I even won a trip to New Orleans doing 127 wpm in a contest. Desktop publishing made me a better living than the piano would have and I still got to enjoy it!
Old 12-22-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

ARealLady
One of my most favorite and BEST teachers was an English teacher! Ok.....again.....I am jealous of someone who speaks THREE languages! I have a tough time with ONE!
Old 12-22-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

NoChoice
Thank you for your service in the Marines! I'd like to give you a run for your money in the shopping arena!
Old 12-22-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Spiritual Seeker
Public Speaking comes naturally!?! Wow. Just the thought of public speaking makes me trimble! You are very gifted in many ways!
Old 12-22-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

prodigal - yummmmmm! Come on over and I'll show you how good I am at appreciating a delicious meal!! And I love to laugh too so we can do that together!!! AND I see a partnership forming with Barbara!

cbrown - I'd like to invite you to dinner with me and prodigal! But only if you'll play for us! I made my piano teacher CRY! (really...that's the truth!)
Old 12-22-2007, 10:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I am jealous

LOL......that wasn't the point of this thread! Be proud of yourself for starting it....it's all helpful!!

ARL
Old 12-23-2007, 05:29 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

cooking

knitting

crocheting

karate

teaching exercise classes

listening

and I USED to be really good at enabling but I gave up on that!

ngaire
Old 12-23-2007, 08:56 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am a good planner. I am good at managing my money. an attentive listener, a good friend, I am a very thoughtful person, a little to much at times. I am an extreamly good observer-hence my field of study; Behaviour Analysis. I am a good college student. I am good at finding the perfect gift for anyone! I am good at appreciating the tiniest things in life, such as the cute way a crab walks along the beach! awwwww they are sooooooo cute!!!!

Thanks ((((((((((Kindeyes)))))))))) wow i needed that today, that felt really good....