Ot ~ Can't Catch A Break Or Have Serenity

Old 11-12-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Ot ~ Can't Catch A Break Or Have Serenity

Hi!

So just a heads up, this will probably turn into a vent!! Long story short, i've been doing alot better as a whole, getting over my exabf (still hurts at times) but doing the best i can knowing we could never have a healthy future. So, i live with my brother and another roommate and she's extremely sensitive and set in her ways and on Friday we all had an issue with the bathroom!! For some reason she gets up at 6:20 and is still in the bathroom at 8. I go in there at 8 (now after because she's still in there) and i'm late for work. I heard my brother telling her that he needed 3 minutes in there and she was sighing and flipping out so i stuck up for him telling her there was 3 of us needing the bathroom.

Anyways, she hasn't talked to me since Friday! I'm for the first time not caring one bit because i'm at my end with her. I've done nothing but help her, invite her out, listen to her stories, been there when she's sobbing to get treated like a piece of dirt back. So last night i came home and made a blanket statement that i knew she wasn't talking to me for some reason (she won't tell me why) and that i will be getting into the bathroom at 7:50 because i'm no longer going to be disregaurded anymore by her. And the thing that really bothers me is that my own brother didn't stick up or put his two cents in to back me up. He said it was ganging up, and he can also do no wrong in her eyes. She wouldn't look at me (she's 27) so i said that i thought we could live like adults and discuss things that way but apparently not and if she wanted to live like this I'M FINE WITH THAT!! I'm soooo sick of being the pushover and the one to smooth things over. I treat her the kindest and nicest and i'm the one that gets treated so badly by her. Guess i would have learned with everything with my exabf, guess not!

She also has hurt my feelings telling friends and strangers to boot that i look emaciated when someone compliments me for losing 30 lbs. in a few months. She knows how hard it is for me and can NEVER say anything nice to me. It's probably a bit of jealousy but i have NEVER flaunted myself in anyway as i have no self esteem and working on that in therapy.

So i guess my question is how do i keep my serenity which i was so nicely doing and picking my battles but last night i was sooooo pi$$ed off as she is so disrespectful and only thinks about herself or her stories. I have no problem not talking because i truly feel i did nothing wrong but try to have an adult conversation with an adult but to no avail......and i know that's probably not the right answer but i'm tired, drained and not her MOTHER, as she so often acts like i am.....HELP!!

thanks!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Being spitual dosn't mean being spineless.
Stand up for yourself without your brother backing.

anyways maybe it just the way you're going about it.
a lack of communications.

but for some stupid reasons my gf hangs out in the bath
room fixing her hair and make up. and it's always a struggle.
it's a good thing we had a second bathroom.

me I'm a bit meaner..lol i can play the game too.
I'll just get up before her and hang out in the bathroom
and make her stupid ass late and see how that works for her.

but a better compermize is probably is get togehter with her
and maybe spend a day with her going to yard sales looking
for a dresser and mirrors for her. i don't know.. chip in $20
a piece for a use dresser or something
Old 11-12-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm here of my own free will..

I agree with SaTiT... play the game! Show her what it's like to be late! Then when she gets mad just say "Oh well you do it to me everyday" and walk off... nothing pisses a chick thats full of herself off more then someone throwing up her defaults. Personally I would have kicked the door down and knocked her out! Don't do that though! It's very bad!
Old 11-12-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Haha!!!! You two are cracking me up!! This is going on 3 years living together but only lately has she been so selfish! I specifically asked her how she would feel if i heard her alarm go off and high tailed it to the bathroom and hopped in the shower!! But yet again, she won't respond because apparently she's a mute!!!

Anyways, she is fully capible of straighening her hair in her bedroom with her FULL LENGTH MIRROR, that's why she's in there, it makes no sense!! But like you suggested play the game, oh i can play with the best of them. She's worn me out and i'm not feeling bad anymore. Oh not to mention that she's not even pleasant to live with, she walks in the house and can't even say hi!!! Yet the best part is she will diagnos the world and EVERYONE'S crazy and needs help....aren't those the worst, sickest ones

keeping my sanity in this one!!!!