had to tell ya'll

Old 10-19-2007, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
full of hope

had to tell ya'll

Okay, ya'll won't believe this...well, actually, you probably will, but here goes.

I got a text this morning from XAH asking me to give him a ride to OKC so he can buy a new truck. He wants something better to drive than the truck he works out of and since I took my car when I left...well, it boils down to him wanting to impress his new "friend".

Did he seriously ask me that?!?!?

The longer I sit here thinking about it the more it cracks me up. Next thing I know he'll be asking me to help him fix her dinner and buy her presents!!!!

No! I am not taking him to the city! No! I am not responding to this! No! NO! NO!!!!

Helloooooo!? Call your girlfriend!!!
GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Incredible and unreal. Not surprising because I did the same idiotic things. But still, the nerve, huh?

Sorry (((chero)))
Old 10-19-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes he DID seriously ask you that! Same thing happened to me. The XABF was actively courting the XGF before me, he bounced his checking account and called ME to fix it! "I want you back" he said, and I laughed. I said "Excuse me, but aren't you dating the broad you said you weren't interested in anymore? Aren't you making travel plans with her?" Why did I answer? Because I was watching and waiting for the account to bounce, and the day it did my friend said "He's going to call you, just watch!" I said "NO WAY! He's got HER to take care of him now!" She laughed like crazy when I called and said "You'll NEVER believe this!" Two days and two conversations later he said in disbelief "You REALLY aren't going to fix this ARE you?" I said "Nope! I did EVERYTHING for you and never got an ounce of respect from you, and it did you zero good. Call me Monday morning and I'll walk you through doing it yourself." Oh that angered him, I haven't heard from him since. That set in motion a bunch of "I'll fix her!" moves in his life which have ONLY made me laugh!

I don't know what goes through their minds, but the nerve is just mind-boggling. It HAS to be insanity. I can't figure out any other explanation.

Chero, I would NOT even dignify such a request with a moment of your time, unless it is for personal entertainment. I don't have a problem laughing at anything my XABF does. It is my reality check that I am SO much better off away from him.
Old 10-19-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey chero

thanks for the LAUGH today! i wouldn't respond either, but if i did, it would be to tell him the same thing "thanks for the laugh"
Old 10-19-2007, 11:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

if it weren't so sad, it would be funny.

put it where it belongs....in that little box labeled insanity that we keep on a shelf. just open up that lid and throw it in there and shove the lid back on. then be done with it.

hugs to you
jeri
Old 10-19-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Of course I can believe that, and much, much more!!!

A couple of years ago my A left our home to go "find himself" That led him on a two month binge of booze and drugs-24/7. In that time he found the "new love of his life"

One night at roughly 4 am the phone rang. I answered it only to hear his completely incoherent ramblings on the other end. He was confused and did not know where he was. I told him to turn over and ask the person passed out beside him. He told me that she was angry at him and they were fighting. "And that has what to do with me" I asked. "It's your fault", he said. "and why's that" I asked. "Because I can't keep an erection" WTF??? His new girlfriend is pissed because her drunk boyfriend can't maintain his erection, and that's my fault how?? She says I haven't gotten over you and it's your fault that we can't have sex. Oh, I replied.

In his next breathe he asked me if I could pick him up so we could have sex to find out if that was really the problem. I laughed so hard that I almost peed my pants. I was enjoying myself so I continued. Here's what I asked him, "Where should I pick you up?" I don't know", he answered Hmmm?? Guess I can't help you then. But I do have a suggestion. "TRY HAVING SEX SOBER, you might find that your penis co-operates better that way.

That was a big help in letting go. Too bad I didn't stay smart.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Old 10-19-2007, 11:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

SR often brightens my day! Thanks!

ARL
Old 10-19-2007, 11:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

"put it where it belongs....in that little box labeled insanity that we keep on a shelf. just open up that lid and throw it in there and shove the lid back on. then be done with it." Embraced, that is SO great! I have a "shelf" where I put matters for my HP to deal with Himself. Speaking of which, I just mentally added something. I'll add another shelf below that for "Insanity."

"A couple of years ago my A left our home to go "find himself" That led him on a two month binge of booze and drugs-24/7. In that time he found the "new love of his life." OMG WPG, got an email a couple years ago that said "Been doing a lot of thinking about a lot of things" then silence for a year. That's when he found HIS "new love of his life."

"I told him to turn over and ask the person passed out beside him."

"In his next breathe he asked me if I could pick him up so we could have sex to find out if that was really the problem."

WPG ... that was all TOOOOOO funny! You're my hero. I thought I was the only one who enjoyed laughing at the insanity!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

OK, so normally when you buy a new car you drive yourself there, then trade in the old car, and drive the new one home. Why is this a two-person task? The next thing you know, he'll be asking you to hold his manhood while he pees.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!! This is all tooooo funny.....yup this is definitely my home away from home......I can relate to every single bit of it.......

Isn't just a hoot that they really think that they can even call us yet alone ask us for more co-dependence......what nerve...they just need to tip another one. In fact.... let me pop that top for ya hunny... lol
Old 10-19-2007, 09:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I needed a good laugh tonight, and this is it!!!

Here's one to add to the pot: my AH got home Wednesday around 6 a.m. from his third trip to the hospital in three days to detox. I did NOT call the medics - the sheriff's department called them ... won't go into how they decided to get involved at this point.

Anyway, he saunters in, lights up a butt, and I ask him why he's out of detox and now smoking again. "I had a REALLY rough night!" OMG!!!! They can be fried beyond fried and it's still all about manipulation and ME, ME, ME, ME.

AH hasn't worked in three weeks, been drunk the entire time, bills going unpaid, I have no job and only my meager savings account, but he's having a "rough" time. Gee, I guess they weren't serving vodka martinis in the E.R. !!! LOL!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
full of hope

LOL!
These stories would be funnier if they weren't true!!

Oh well, sometimes ya gotta laugh to keep from crying!