Police told me it was Addicts who broke into my home

Old 10-19-2007, 05:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

Police told me it was Addicts who broke into my home

My house as recently burglarized (myself and puppy are okay) and the police who came out to my house said druggies were the culprits.

They bent a metal door after making 2 other attempts to enter the house...but the funny thing is - the nice window pane inches from the lock, clearly visible through that window was left alone? Perhaps they were high when they did it. Busting through the door would've made more noise than the window breaking!

What did they take? Well since I'm so rich (heh) they probably could've left some stuff to add value! They did get my laptop (which half the stuff does NOT work) and a jewelry case full of cheap Target and JC Penney jewelry!

What a waste!

And how violating it feels! Especially knowing I just got rid of one addict in March yet they still seem to find me! I thank GOD they did not touch my dog. Though it feels weird knowing they scouted out my place to see when I left and when I came home. EEEWWWWW!
Old 10-19-2007, 05:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Cage Glad that you and the pooch are ok!

It reminded me of 4 years ago-I lived in a three family home/Two elderly ladies one next door and one upstairs-

The one upstairs used to leave the same time 5 minutes before me to go across the street to take care of her ill cousin-I would leave and the other lady would get coffee and sit outside-her nephew came the same time everyday around 9 am then back at 12- along with the other lady who lived upstairs-I too came home for lunch on occasion after 12-

These 3 ladys (They call them Gypsys) were watching us for weeks the police said that had to have! The lady who sits outside was greeted by two of them the other one went into the house and stole jewelry-the two outside were holding my neighbors hand-and rubbed off her 3 ct. diamond ring and wedding band. Unreal...they tried to get into my house but my two dogs started yapping loud and they all took off!

The cop said what they do is put the jewelry in the mailbox right away and mail it to another person in the group!

Glad that you are ok Cage! And they did not take anything of real value or sentiment to you!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

Yeah - I still shake my head that half the door was glass and they spent all that effort (and probably a helluva lot of noise) bending a metal door!

I am so lucky I did not come back early or catch them. I probably would've been attacked. My dog is so old and friendly he probably licked them! I am thinking seriously about getting a big german shepherd after they install the security system.

I live in the middle of the woods and am not crazy about guns in my home.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Cage....the security system will make you feel a lot better! See how that works for you first then take it from there.....trust me 2 dogs UGHHH a lot of work! LOL ....

Too funny your dog probably licked them!

They were not the sharpest tools in the shed when it came to trying to get in so more than likely it was probably kids-(guessing)

Glad your ok!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

(((Cage)))

Ugghhh what a nightmare. Glad you weren't around, who knows what they would have done. A security system should ease your mind a bit. Glad your safe
Old 10-19-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you are ok. This happened to a friend of mine (she and her kids were in the house at the time,awake and hid from the people). They were addicts too,looking for cash and quick-convert items; nothing that took "work" to onload.

The police said a dog (any dog) was the best deterrent because they did not want the comotion and attention they draw. Needless to say, my friend went to the pound that week.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

I know how awful that is. When I was growing up we lived above a bar, and we were broken into a few times, for the cash in the games machines, stock in the bar and one time my father and mother were attacked upstairs whilst counting the days takings. It took me a while to feel safe again in my own home.

Most theives are opportunistic. Your new security system should be a great deterant. Also think about updating your locks and adding security lighting to the outside of the house. Sticking thorny bushes under a fence or under your windows is a good one. It'll hurt them, plus you get DNA evidence to use against the little b*****ds!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are OK, Cagefree....it is horrible when you become a target of violence.

The police said a dog (any dog) was the best deterrent because they did not want the comotion and attention they draw.

I was told the same thing after our house was "attacked" but not broken into. The would-be burglars de-activated the security alarm but didn't know there was a barky mutt in there. He heard noises, he barked and he kept barking. His barking set off a chain reaction of barking in the area and the bad guys fled.

ARL
Old 10-19-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just go to the pawn shops or EBay to get your stuff back!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am so glad you are okay....I have never been broken into but thank God that you are okay hun
Old 10-19-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rkymtncowboy View Post
Just go to the pawn shops or EBay to get your stuff back!
I second this! lots of stolen stuff ends up on ebay, it's the fence operation of the 21st. century!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

I've installed a high-tech security system: I call it four-dog security. If anyone's stupid enough to enter my house without an invitation, he or she will get themselves one serious butt-whipping. I'm certain my German Shepherd will make mincemeat out of them, and the other three dogs will join in just for fun.

I'm actually surprised that anyone would enter a home with a dog. Unless it's a little fluffy dog that couldn't hurt a flea, a stranger wouldn't be able to tell if it's old or friendly by casing your home. Are you sure the culprit wasn't someone you know? Like some punk in the neighborhood who's met your dog casually and knows it's friendly?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Cage, I'm so sorry this happened. It's awful. I'm really glad you weren't there, and that they didn't hurt your "fur-baby".

Mike
Old 10-20-2007, 04:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

i'm so grateful that you are safe. like others said, the security system should ease your mind alot....but like you said....ewwwwww....how creepy to think of others in your home looking through your belongings.

thank god you are ok! i got me some pepper spray, too. you can get them at the auto supply places and they fit on your keychain. they were inexpensive, so i bought a bunch of them.....fastened one inside my purse, one on my keychain, one in my car, one in my office, one by my bedside and for the longest time, carried one in my jeans pocket.....this was when i was going through all the bs that my xh was doing.