Our Children

Old 05-31-2003, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Our Children

I have been posting on here for a while and today I want to just simply say to each and everyone of you that have children and are in an abusive, be it drug related or alcohol related relationshio or marriage. We as adults have got to STOP being so SELFISH and take care of our children. They have a right to grow up in a home full of love so that they can become healthy adults. I am so concerned for all the children. My babies are not born yet ,they will be in a few month and I will not allow them to be in a relationship with anyone that has such problems. I am not going to teach them by sight and example from me that it is ok to be abused and that ladies is exactly what is going on each and every day in everyone's home that has an alcoholic living in it and has children. Our children know! Let's not fool ourselves here! We are raising future generations of alcoholics and abusers just as we are going to raise victims especially if you have daughters. For God sake , get it together and get out now while you can. There are men all over the world that are healthy and loving. What are we doing as women anyway? Why are we with monsters that ruin our lives, the lives of our children. All because of what ? Because we don't want to be alone? We afraid to not have a man in our lives? Please!We are strong beautiful women, we can work and take care of ourselves! Why are you wanting to stay with a looser that is abusing you! Ok I said my peace. This is for all the children that can't speak up because we adults are so busy being selfish that we can't hear their cries. Please know that I meant nothing bad or with any disrespect to anyone on here. I love all of you! Just think about it for a moment.................take a look at your child right now and tell me that they do not deserve to live in a loving and healthy home and that you are responsible to give that to them and to protect them...?

Last edited by prettywoman; 05-31-2003 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-31-2003, 05:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Prettywoman

That is a powerful post, and you are so very right about this affecting the children. I agree that they must be protected and kept from all harm. I have a feeling that your babies, when they are born, will be happy and safe with you.
Old 05-31-2003, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Bravo!!!

Hugs,
JT
Old 06-02-2003, 11:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Children and Abusive Situations

PrettyWoman - You rule. I wish my Mom had felt and done the things you talked about.
Witnessing abuse or experiencing it becomes a wound that we have to spend our lives fixing because our Moms and Dads were too unconscious to see
the fall out on the lives of their own children, us.

I love your directness and the power you expresssed ! Your kids will be lucky to have you as a Mom ! Best to you -
Many Blessings - Daria
Old 06-02-2003, 12:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Prettywoman, you go girl. Yes, the innocent have a right to be protected and we, as Mothers, were given a sacred task by God, to love, protect and respect our children, are we one day going to stand before the Pearly Gates and make excuses, "Sorry, but I needed to have a man in my life", "Sorry, I was too scared", Sorry, guess I messed up, guess I won't be given a second chance". And NO, you will never get a second chance to raise your children in an atmosphere of love and security, this is the only chance you have, make the most of it. And, it is never too late to make that start, don't think that they have endured so much that they will survive, the unpleasant memories can be erased by pleasant ones. And when your kids are parents, they will appreciate whatever hardship they may have had to undergo in your pursuit of a peaceful loving life, whether its a shelter, having to stay with family, having to share one room, whatever, they will love and respect you more for having made the right choice.
Sermon over.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks ladies...
I've been dealing today with how I'll explain to my son why I daddy moved out as I am seriously considering telling him to leave and its brought tears to my eyes to think of what I'll have to deal with in my son's reaction...he worships his daddy...I've protected him so much, that he doesn't even know daddy drinks...he has never seen daddy drunk....I know that being worried about what I will have to deal with is MY problem and an excuse for delaying what might end up happening anyhow...you know??? But, this reminded me that my son and I deserve peace and quiet and love.....my husband does not physical abuse, but he can be verbally abusive and I do NOT want my son to deal with that bs....
My dh is on his pity pot drinking wagon right now and I don't see it getting better in the near future so I am in the process of getting my plans in place!!!

Thanks for re-opening my eyes!!!