I Signed the Papers to List the House - New Dilemma!

Old 10-01-2007, 10:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am pretty ignorant on all the reall estate issues, I just wanted to say, oh, my do I know what it is like when you are trying to seperate, trying to be fair, trying for so long, and then your drunk looks at you and says, "IVE had it". I know... it is soooo infuriating.HES had it????

I agree. You are not alone in that one. Mine has done it so many times. I am starting to laugh at it.Good luck with your sale, and all else.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

QT, Please make sure you get your agreement drafted up by a lawyer. He may agree now just to appease you for the interim. You need to get it all in writing in order to protect yourself. It won't cost a bundle if he does not contest. Probably will be the best money you will ever spend.

Also, he needs to sign any legal contracts while sober. If he is under the influence of any mind altering substance, he can come back and claim to not have been of sound mind and the contract will be null and void and you're back to square one. I'd insist that he sign in front of a lawyer so there is no way he can come back and claim he was under the influence when he signed, because then it will become your word against his that he was of sound mind when he signed.