bad afternoon

Old 05-24-2003, 06:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

bad afternoon

hello all. well. my husband came hoem this afternoon for a couple hours., he wasnt in the best of moods when he left the VA needless to say the visit did not do well. the traffic was moving too slow and I of course wasnt driving fast enough to soot him, seeing he only had 2 hours, he was really feeling pressured fo time, anywyas, when I went to ask him what was bothering him, as he seemed glad on the phone that he was coming home for awhile, he shoudl WHAT very nastily. I told him that, that wasnt necessary, I deserve to be talked to that way. when he came home he was searching everywhere for money etc. and was being very obstinent. finally sat down watched the ASudie Murphymovie, then got very obstinent again. what is going on. I truly dont understand it at all. my son will be moving out next week, so that will solve one of his major problems, but what about his actions towards me, they were uncalled for as far as Im concerned. then on the way back we started arguing about which way to go back to the VA as there usually is alot of traffic on the holidays. I went the way I thought he would have wanted to save time, but you guessed it, that was wrong too. then he was upset because he didnt get to use the pc. I told him all he had to do was tell my son he wanted touse the pc and he would have signed off and lwt him use it, but they dont talk much at all. any solutions to this problem. hes like a time bomb again ready to explode.
he actually looked like he was getting upset again watching the movies, I suggested that maybe he not watch those kind of movies as they always do get him in a tizzy. please any one have advice. he will be sart getting passes again nexzt week, and I dont want a replay of today
thanks
redorse
Old 05-24-2003, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi Redrose

I am sorry you had a bad day. Not sure what to tell you. You certainly don't need to be treated with disrespect but maybe he was just nervous about coming home. Maybe he is not sure what is expected of him. Once when my hubby was in rehab, he was begging to stay since it was a controlled environment. Just a thought.

I hope the rest of your weekend goes well. Try to treat yourself to a little something if you can. You might have read the thread about little rebellions, get a little idea and go with it.

You take care.
Many hugs,
Debbie
Old 05-24-2003, 09:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Debbie

He seemed terribly nervous. im not sure why. my son is till living with us and I know that , that is a big problem, he will be moving out next week, so that will take care of that problem. do you think it was the holidays, etc. No I havent read about the little rebellions, where do I read this. If he feels safer there, thats okay with me, I just want him to be happy and , would you have any idea why? we sat and watch audy murphy movie, and he almost looked like he was crying, but you know men, they dont do that sorta of thing, hes changed so much, sometimes it really scares me.
thanks for listening
patty
Old 05-25-2003, 09:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I used to work here ;)

Hi Redrose

I guess only he knows for sure what is going on in his mind. I know it would so much easier if they would talk to us but they do tend to keep it bottled up inside. See if next week goes a little better, maybe by then he will be ready to open up a bit

Ah, little rebellions......you can click on this link and it should take you directly to the thread http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...threadid=12705

And if you want a good chuckle, read the story of tiara girl

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...threadid=13022

Take care of yourself.

Many hugs,
Debbie