Need advice..

Old 07-11-2007, 05:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I don't do unleashed bodily functions well, I'd move the couch and him to the front porch or basement, or just move out myself...no way would I accept this "crap".
Old 07-11-2007, 05:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Finally gettin it

Mr. C..yes this whole thing is an issue...but..as I said earlier..I cannot afford to leave. I am almost on SS, but not yet. I have no where to go. I have a roof over my head, and so I stay, to put it briefly. The last 31 years has not been a picnic. I try to deal with everything one day at a time, but .. this is a "progressive" disease. It wasn't always like this. Even though he pees all over himself, has not until last night peed on the furniture.Yeah, it is tough, not easy at all. None of it is OK. It is not where I want to be. Just wondering if any one knew if I could clean the sofa or if it was a gonner..no biggie. Some times a person just has to vent ya know? Why does any of us stay?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:32 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Finally gettin it

Well, he is cleaning up today..I guess it finally sunk in. I told him the sofa has to go, the blood has to be cleaned up, the bed changed. Of course, he is remorseful. And so the cycle continues. Today, I am calm. Today, I know I am not in control. I am taking it one day at a time. Thanks to all for your support!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs and prayers to you, sadie. it's a horrible disease.

can you go to alanon meetings?

blessings, k
Old 07-12-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Finally gettin it

Yes I can go to an Alanon meeting and I do. I also attend open AA meetings .. because our town is so small Alanon only meets 1X a week. I have endured this for a while now, and I have been going to Alanon off and on. It is a terrible disease for sure.