Hi, I'm knew so I'll introduce why I am here

Old 06-26-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm knew so I'll introduce why I am here

I am not an Alcohloic nor am I any kind of adic, I am a Victim of alcoholism. I am 25 years old and am a sister, a wife and a duaghter to not one dad but two who are all alchoholics. My biological dad was an alcholic who is know dead, my dad who adopted me is an A(I'll call it A short for alcoholic) my half brother is an A and my husband is an A. Right know I am going through a lot with my husband. We have a family together, a life together. I find myself on a rollercostar that keeps breaking in at the bottom all the time. There will be times were life is great and going on the ups and than my husband will relaps and everything goes way down hill. I'm lost. I have gotten on medicine to help me with depression and coping but its not enough. I'm left to take care of the house, kids, bills and everything on my own while he messes up, and has a good time drinking, sleeping and spending all of our money. I love him, we have been close since I was 15. If he could pull it together than we could have an awsome life. There is so much to this story, and I'll explain more but I have to go to work since we need money and all and I'll check back later, just want to know if theres anyone out there who might share the same loneliness and hurt that I do Thanksm Aleks
Old 06-26-2007, 04:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR aleks

You have hit the jackpot because pretty much all of us have felt that loneliness and been where you are now ... Glad you found us and know you dont have to do it alone anymore.

Have you tried Al-anon? When I was where you are I used Al-anon, Open AA meetings, Theraphy, SR and read everything I could get my hands on...

Keep posting and reading... the stickies at the top are a great place to start.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Aleks, I was feeling the same way you do right now about 3 weeks ago. I highly recommend attending an Al-Anon meeting it did me a world of good.

Hang in there!
Old 06-26-2007, 04:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

aleks035,

Welcome and oh, yes, I think I can relate! Lots of us have felt or are feeling the lonliness you describe so well.
Im glad you have found us
Old 06-26-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi aleks,,Welcome to SR,,

CE Girl is in the house jumping up nada down waving her arms,,i do , I do, i do,, I know pain and lonliness too!!!!!

You've come to the right place.

I know you feel overwhelmed right now, but do something for YOU and schedule time to come to SR. You won't be sorry,,,

Peace
Old 06-27-2007, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I too am jumping up and down. So glad you found this board. It is a safe place filled with wise people. Keep reading and keep posting.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome Aleks! Glad that you found us and know that you are not alone, you have come to the right place where people will share and try to help you on the right path that only you can take for yourself. It is a journey that you need to be willing to take for yourself-

As mentioned Al-Anon is a good source and or a private counselor-this may not be right for you but leaving options open is what I wish I had done in the start-I was against alot because I was against me having any happiness in my life-I'm glad I no longer feel that way-

Welcome and keep posting!

(((hugs)))
Old 06-27-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, aleks. my daughter is an alcoholic/addict - it's hard to be on this side of addiction. keep posting! alanon meetings really help me, along with some private counseling. blessings, k
Old 06-27-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hi aleks.....what you described relates to all of us here in one way or other. my xh was the alcoholic in my life. i spent some pretty messed up years while trying to live within the effects of alcoholism.

i have been in al-anon for three years this coming august, and on this forum since last oct. keep coming back.....we've all been there, are there, or trying to figure out where we should go from here.

love to you
jeri
Old 06-27-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Cool, I'm glad I got to wake up to this

Thanks everyone. Well today is a knew day and my H has announced that this is his knew sober date. I pray for him, I have faith in him, and I hope he can do it and has faith in himself. He really tries, he wants to be clean but as we all know its not all that easy. I need to take time out as well and find healing, I have my own scars. I know that I am done being a victim of this disease, and that I have a right to live, after all, this is my only time on earth as well. I have lived in so much fear, anger, resentment and depression for so long. I have feared losing our home, kids, our lives and I don't like it. Niether does my H but I get so mad because he is the reason for why we always go through these hardships, but I love him and I understand that this is not him, its the disease. It took a little bit to understand that but I do know. Yes I have looked into Al-Anon and I am going to try and find time for it. I work and so does my H and we lack baby sitters so I am doing this for know until I can find time for that. My mom has offered to go with me and she is also a victim of alcoholeism so that is my support gal for those meetings and such. I am ready to live, and heal, thanks for your support and I look foward to opeing up with all of you and finding support with you. Thanks, Aleks
Old 06-27-2007, 09:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Welcome- the support and collective wisdom here is awesome. Glad you found us.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

I sooooo know the feeling. When it's good it's Soooooo good and then it seems like things fall apart and you pay double on the bad side. It's like you are walking a tight rope between heaven and hell.
D
Old 06-27-2007, 11:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

welcome, aleks035, glad you're here!