Desert Island

Old 06-16-2007, 07:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Darn, I was think cruise ship islands of amenities!

I'll have to think this over. I may not go at all.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Remember: stressed is desserts spelled backwards
I'd bring books, music, camera for my ocean pics, and some indulgent desserts
Old 06-16-2007, 12:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Spa, snorkeling gear and a library! Will you come now Live?
Old 06-16-2007, 04:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

LMAO,...yep I was gonna pass, but with those amenities, I am in...just say when.

So, I would be out in the water right away, and wandering the beach and there is nothing more fascinating than the underworld of snorkeling..I don't know how to scuba or I would. Chasing colorful little fish around, maybe see an octupus and all that is magic underseas. Then to the spa...AAAAWWWWW, I can't believe how good that feels, how relaxed and wonderful the massage is and then be wrapped in warm towels to lie there for awhile in that special peace and then to the library, hopefully interesting sociology books and nap. Then at night I would walk in the sand and dig my toes in, have a glass or two of wine and I know this is a no-no but I would back float in the water with the sound of water and the universe of the skies and stars above. Then I would just sit in the sand where the tide tickled my toes and think wow life is grand!

Without the amenities, there would have to be some great reward for me to do the campout surviror thing. I have done that enough thanks. But if there were a 3 month vacation in Argentina waiting for me if I stuck it out. Then, I really would have to have my meds and a case of MRE (military...meals ready to eat). Oh crap, I don't think I could go without cigarettes!
Old 06-16-2007, 04:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Fighting for happiness

Cool

All i can say is SUNSCREEN

as i am laying on my stomach and very burned on my back

oh and no falling asleep in the sun no matter who says they will wake you up
Old 06-16-2007, 04:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Becoming a Butterfly

Swim fins, a snorkle, and a mask. And a fresh water shower - I have to wash off when I get too salty and have a dune's worth of sand in my suit
Old 06-16-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
May it be

Location: A new day. Today I just see bright colors, in the small world of my dreams.
if I had a sleep aboard sailboat, I would bring that. But in reality, my floating lounge chair works just as good. Relaxing on water, ahhhhh...

something I found in an old Real Simple mag. ~

Dogs - Men=Warmth + Peace + Devotion

When I finally, thankfully subtracted George, I began allowing Satch, my mutt, back in my bed at night. The comfort of his big, warm body and his unquestioning devotion registered deeply. A few months later, I adopted Tatum, a heeler mix. A couple of years after that, Princess Bubbles, my perimenopausal surprise puppy, joined the pack. By then any halfhearted attempts to find a man had waned entirely. I get the affection and companionship I need from the beasts, with the added bonus of no cheating, no lying, and no Mobius strip-style arguments that never get resolved.