I'm hopeless

Old 05-21-2007, 12:01 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
full of hope

Thanks BigSis and Sthrnraized!

I may have to find a new meeting to get a sponsor since it was just me and the little elderly people at the one I went to!? I'll keep my ears open though!!

And Sthrnraized, have fun in Ireland!!! WOW! You give me hope!! Thanks so much!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 04:15 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

yes chero, do find another meeting to go to. i had the same experience. the first meeting i went to. it was all elderly people and they helped me tremendously, but i needed a meeting with younger people who i could relate more with. i found a bigger meeting with lots of new and young people in the same situation i was in. i think everyone should try more than one meeting. you learn soo much more and get a totally different perspective.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:31 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
full of hope

Good news! I found a meeting TONIGHT in a new town. I'm still going to go back to the one tomorrow. But I want to try more!

And this time...no sitting in the parking lot!!
Old 05-21-2007, 06:03 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

(((CHERO)))) Sorry I'am late with a response to this! I have not been near the computer! Everyone gave such wonderful advice that I will say DITTO!

Honey do not beat yourself up! You are HUMAN! I was there ready for this one....probably 5 times or more before I realized what I was doing to MYSELF and what he was doing not only to me but to himself! I had to walk away! So you are not alone in this!!!

And as for the crying-WOW! I was crying yesterday! Driving around through this area that he and I use to frequent often (I had to go that way to get to where I was going and back again!) I just began to BALL! It happens .....it will happen it is part of the growing pains and as someone said "no one said you have to hate him"

Hon just take care of YOU! Know that you are important and not by any means hopeless! Fill those nights with an Al-Anon meeting or do what I have done which I never thought I would do-go to one of those craft classes that Michaels and AC MOORE holds! I'am going to one tonight! And the other nights I have coffee almost ever night during the week with a good friend of our family who is 78 years old! He loves it and I enjoy his company he makes me laugh and keeps me on my toes! His son thanked me yesterday for keeping his father going-(that made me feel good after CRYING all morning!)

Chero you are the most important person to yourself-I hope that you realize this! And I know that you are important to all of us here @ SR!
Old 05-21-2007, 06:08 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

And by the way my first meeting I was the same way! I got there almost 30 minutes before and did that "codie inventory" of everyone walking through the parking lot! BAD BAD! I finally went in and sat-I cried, I shared, I cried some more-because I felt I was in the right place! Of course I started and stopped meetings when my A sucked me back in, until I gained enough strength to walk away! Hang in there sweetie!

Find a meeting that you feel comfortable in-you will know the one! IMHO I had to have that feeling of belonging in a certain room-(comfort zone) was a combo of the people, the room-you will find one that you will feel right in!