New and Worried

Old 04-10-2007, 07:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ashlin, I have a question for you. How many times have you told him and yourself you'd leave if he didn't quit drinking? Was that a promise you made to your self? We can't contol or parole any other human being. We can only disappoint ourselves for our own broken promises to ourselves.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Mallowcup!!!!! "We can only disappoint ourselves for our own broken promises to ourselves" so true so true!!

I broke my promise to myself about 10 times! or more! I lost count!! "I'm done with this one more time....." " I'm calling the cops if he does this one more time....." blah blah blah quack quack quack!

Finally POOF I said Ummmm ahhh that is why I'm getting a headache!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think as we get older we have our heros and those we model ourselves after. We grow or die. I think we can become so consumed in trying to mold their clay, the shape and texure of our own clay becomes a big boring blob sitting there half created into what we are supposed to be. We abandon our project, ourselves, to go off and try to create some other masterpiece and they clay won't behave.
I think it's time to return to that unfinished masterpiece and finish it, which in the end, will be called YOU.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Nell: glad you are here.

I could feel the feelings you described just by reading your post! I hate that!
Meetings, reading and coming here often are gradually retraining MY thinking and making it easier for me to "shift gears" when those feeling start coming over me. In fact,those are the days I really find this place a God-send.

Hope you stick around; it DOES help!

You both sound as if you are on the right path; best of luck to both of you!
Old 04-10-2007, 04:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

i must add that having my 27 year old AS be mandated for testing--AA meeting--inpatient-outpatient--it has worked--unless he wants to go to jail for 2 years he needs to stay sober--hey it makes him have one year of sobriety--by then he will be thinkign clearly and totally detoxed...he sees a parole officer every week for a year---
Old 04-10-2007, 09:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Addiction

I know a few people who were mandated to to drug drops for their parole/probation officiers and still could not get clean. The judge gave the one guy like 2 more chances (welcome to Cook County, Chicago) before sending him to prison. Addiction is just that strong in some people.