Soulsong #368 – Sailing a Relation-Ship

Old 04-10-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Wink Soulsong #368 – Sailing a Relation-Ship

Soulsong #368 – Sailing a Relation-Ship

If I’m in an unhappy relationship, the most important thing I can do is work on my own happiness, here and now, before I change any aspect of my situation.

If I allow my sense of well-being to depend on the status of my relationship, I’m in a vulnerable position. I’m placing my inner peace and joy at the mercy of circumstances outside myself, over which I will never have total control.

But I always have control of my mental focus, and I will do myself a huge favor by focusing on what I like about my partner. What do I appreciate about this relationship, past and present? What’s good about my life right now?

I discipline myself to notice what’s going right, not wrong. I practice observing my partner’s strengths. And if that seems impossible, I change the subject in my own mind. (Ah…nice weather we’re having.)

As I choose contented, peaceful thoughts DESPITE WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE RELATIONSHIP, then the relationship MUST improve or it must dissolve, allowing me to find fulfillment elsewhere.

A joyful me WILL be a match-up to a joyful relationship, either this one or another one. But without the inner work, I’ll likely stay stuck on a sandbar.

Copyright 2006, Karen Williams
Old 04-11-2007, 04:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by Rella927 View Post
If I allow my sense of well-being to depend on the status of my relationship, I’m in a vulnerable position. I’m placing my inner peace and joy at the mercy of circumstances outside myself, over which I will never have total control.
This one is refrigerator-posting worthy! Thanks!!