AH asked someone for help!

Old 03-05-2007, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Thumbs up AH asked someone for help!

Hi everyone,
Those of you from the SA forum know my story and that my AH of 25 years was served with divorce papers on Friday. I changed my cell number and left town with the kids.

Long story short-he went to some friends of mine Friday night that are both in recovery from narcotics addiction, one of whom is a physician and works with addicts now. Dr T broke through some of the denial and he appears to be seriously looking at himself-which is a first!

Yesterday morning in church, he asked for prayer because I 'had filed for divorce' and he 'has a problem with drugs'.

I wasn't there, but from what I was told, he admitted to using although not to the extent that he really has been-but hey, it's a start.

It's the first time he has EVER gotten past blaming me or others for his problems. I am cautiously optimistic that he is taking steps towards actually dealing with this thing. Please keep him (and me-this is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life) in your prayers!

Thanks for all the support!!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

prayers, good thoughts and godspeed...

love,
s
Old 03-05-2007, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes it is fine to think positive---the end results may be-you never know...Maybe now that you are gone he can just work on himself--make sure you stay gone too...I am Praying for you all....
Old 03-05-2007, 03:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Awww Jen. I hope this is the start for him. I'll be keeping you both in my prayers......that's a given.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is a start for him !!!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

(((Hugs)))
Old 03-05-2007, 05:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My prayers are with you. I appreciate how hard it was for you to file, I've started twice and chickened out both times. We were married 33 years, but ah hid his addiction very, very well, I never knew. I'm telling myself today I'll file when I'm ready, and til then, I'll do the best I can. I truly hope this will be a new start for him. ((( duet )))
Old 03-05-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by frizzylynn View Post
Maybe now that you are gone he can just work on himself--make sure you stay gone too.
Actually he is gone from our house; he was court-ordered out of it in the Order of Protection. I am in it with my 10-year-old.

The fact that he has taken a small step in NO WAY changes anything I have done here. I have to be away from him and he needs to be on his own. I am just hoping, for the sake of our kids, that he will finally start working on his addiction.

I have been on a rollercoaster of emotion, though. I thought that I would feel nothing but relief when this finally happened, but instead I felt like crawling in a hole somewhere.

I am feeling a lot better tonight, but today was touch and go. I had a lot to do and not much sleep last night. My college son is home on spring break and we sat up til 2am watching Phantom of the Opera, and then I just couldn't stay asleep...duh, wonder why??? LOL!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Continued prayers for you and for AH to continue seeking recovery.
(((BIG HUGS))))
Old 03-05-2007, 08:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jen....Keeping you all in my prayers. I really hope he follows through with getting help. Hang in there and please try to sleep...I find life much harder to cope with when I am tired. It's amazing what a solid night's sleep can do for perspective. Hugs.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am a huge Phantom of the opera fan---you couldn't sleep because Gerard Butler is soooooo HOT LOL
Old 03-05-2007, 10:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((((((((((Jen))))))))))))))