SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   AH asked someone for help! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/117450-ah-asked-someone-help.html)

duet_4-8 03-05-2007 03:31 PM

AH asked someone for help!

Hi everyone,
Those of you from the SA forum know my story and that my AH of 25 years was served with divorce papers on Friday. I changed my cell number and left town with the kids.

Long story short-he went to some friends of mine Friday night that are both in recovery from narcotics addiction, one of whom is a physician and works with addicts now. Dr T broke through some of the denial and he appears to be seriously looking at himself-which is a first!

Yesterday morning in church, he asked for prayer because I 'had filed for divorce' and he 'has a problem with drugs'.

I wasn't there, but from what I was told, he admitted to using although not to the extent that he really has been-but hey, it's a start.

It's the first time he has EVER gotten past blaming me or others for his problems. I am cautiously optimistic that he is taking steps towards actually dealing with this thing. Please keep him (and me-this is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life) in your prayers!

Thanks for all the support!!

itiswhatitis... 03-05-2007 03:34 PM

prayers, good thoughts and godspeed...

love,
s

Sunflower 03-05-2007 03:38 PM

Yes it is fine to think positive---the end results may be-you never know...Maybe now that you are gone he can just work on himself--make sure you stay gone too...I am Praying for you all....

Lovestoomuch 03-05-2007 03:42 PM

Awww Jen. I hope this is the start for him. I'll be keeping you both in my prayers......that's a given.:hug:

lilac 03-05-2007 05:05 PM

It is a start for him !!!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

(((Hugs)))

mjpaao 03-05-2007 05:13 PM

My prayers are with you. I appreciate how hard it was for you to file, I've started twice and chickened out both times. We were married 33 years, but ah hid his addiction very, very well, I never knew. I'm telling myself today I'll file when I'm ready, and til then, I'll do the best I can. I truly hope this will be a new start for him. ((( duet )))

duet_4-8 03-05-2007 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by frizzylynn (Post 1234159)
Maybe now that you are gone he can just work on himself--make sure you stay gone too.

Actually he is gone from our house; he was court-ordered out of it in the Order of Protection. I am in it with my 10-year-old.

The fact that he has taken a small step in NO WAY changes anything I have done here. I have to be away from him and he needs to be on his own. I am just hoping, for the sake of our kids, that he will finally start working on his addiction.

I have been on a rollercoaster of emotion, though. I thought that I would feel nothing but relief when this finally happened, but instead I felt like crawling in a hole somewhere.

I am feeling a lot better tonight, but today was touch and go. I had a lot to do and not much sleep last night. My college son is home on spring break and we sat up til 2am watching Phantom of the Opera, and then I just couldn't stay asleep...duh, wonder why??? LOL!

rayofsunshine 03-05-2007 08:10 PM

Continued prayers for you and for AH to continue seeking recovery.
(((BIG HUGS))))

greeteachday 03-05-2007 08:18 PM

Jen....Keeping you all in my prayers. I really hope he follows through with getting help. Hang in there and please try to sleep...I find life much harder to cope with when I am tired. It's amazing what a solid night's sleep can do for perspective. Hugs.

Sunflower 03-05-2007 10:46 PM

I am a huge Phantom of the opera fan---you couldn't sleep because Gerard Butler is soooooo HOT LOL

GwenMarie30 03-05-2007 10:48 PM

((((((((((Jen))))))))))))))