he's in North Dekota with his new girl

Old 03-03-2007, 08:45 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Mr. C, yes I have had enough, that is why I'm moving forward. I said good bye to my husband when I bought that ticket, I have not helped him out since then or befor then. We have no contact really except when he dropps a e-mail my way. The kids have stopped asking for him and we are moving up. I don't expect anything from him nor will I give to him It is all about me and the kids. A sponsor, no I have not ran into any one that I want, I do have friends and family that help and listen to me. I'm okay, I'm not 100% sure the program is for me yet. Yes it has been a yr and I have learned alot from the people in the group. I love them and they are always there for me. As far as the steps go, I'm working them the best way I can on my own. Crazy i know. It is just how it is for me.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kermit View Post
As far as the steps go, I'm working them the best way I can on my own. Crazy i know. It is just how it is for me.
The beauty of a 12-step program is THERE ARE NO RULES (sorry, but the italics don't work), though some people try very hard to make them the 12 rules. Al-Anon helps me THINK FOR MYSELF, not follow another's path. I listen to others share their experience, strength and hope and I MAKE UP MY OWN MIND what works for me. If that involves buying a ticket for someone SO BE IT. I listen to the people who tell me what happened when they bought tickets. And again, I make up my own mind. Al-Anon does not tell me not to buy the ticket.
Jeesh!

Again, sorry for the caps (shouting), sure wish the italics would work again.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

Well I don’t think Alanon ever told me not to buy a ticket either.
I see your Jeesh! And I raise you a Jeesh!

HAHAHAHA
Old 03-03-2007, 09:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I fold :-)
Old 03-03-2007, 11:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow kermee, your recovery is sure shining. You are taking care of you and your kids and doing it well. The way you work your recovery is clearly the best way for you. You should be proud of yourself.

Mike