Why I have been gone a week....

Old 03-02-2007, 06:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((Hugs)))

Just wanted to extend my sympathy to you at this time.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Just checking back in to see how you are doing...now you are in shock...that takes a while to get over--I remember feeling like someone kicked me in the stomach for about a year,,,Everyone is different--there is no one way to grieve --do what is good for you---still praying for you....
Old 03-02-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Holy, I am so sorry for your pain.....a close death is so very painful, a close young death unbearably painful. Thinking of you. You're thinking will be definitely affected by your young brother's death....this is not always a bad thing. Petty.....so much is, and it takes a "biggy" to understand that.
Linda
Old 03-04-2007, 01:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Royalty

Thanks for checking on me. It's hard to remember that I matter sometimes...thanks to everyone here for making me see that, it carries over into all parts of our lives, not just the alcoholics side.

I'm doing okay. My Dad has called me almost every day, and we end up talking about my brother and crying alot.....so I am avoiding phone calls, just for a few days. I haven't been sleeping very well (check the time of this post, I know you just did!) and I'll tell you a creepy story about why I can't sleep.....

Three days after my brother died, I woke up at 4:29 (his birthday, April 29)...and I kept asking, what ice? And my brother (and this is weird because it wasn't actually words spoken) was "telling" me that it's under the ice, it's under the ice.....and I'm like WHAT IS? He showed me a key. (goosebump icon here)

I've had a few of these kind of things happen to me before, and they have always been right-on. So, I am afraid of finding out too much more, and I am still worrying over talking to my sister-in-law about this. I think it's too soon to talk to her about it....and I have been obscessing over calling or emailing her, because I just can't seem to come up with the right thing to say (not about the key)...just in general....

Ok I'm starting to ramble: I'm not a witch....

Thanks.
HQ
Old 03-09-2007, 03:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Still thinking of you - glad you checked in. Have no words, sorry - just thinking of you (((())))
Old 03-09-2007, 04:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I haven't been the same since a house fell on my sister...

Originally Posted by HolyQow View Post
Ok I'm starting to ramble: I'm not a witch....

HQ
I am so sorry for your loss. I am not making levity of your situation, but the witch comment struck me as funny. Perhaps there is a reason for your dream. I, too, have intense dreams. Sometimes they terrify me, sometimes they help me, sometimes, they just confuse me. Regardless, when the time is right, it will ease your mind to try and get to the bottom of the mystery, whatever it may be. With dreams, they can be prophetic or they can be the subconsious trying to tell you something. Keep an open mind. My prayers are with you.

Roni
Old 03-10-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Royalty

The scarey part is that I'm not asleep when these things happen.....
now where did I put my broomstick?

I'm just checking in....seems ppl start worrying if we don't check in every couple of days (thanks everyone for your concern).

My ISP is sending me threatening letters about disconnecting us, because my daughters computer has some virus (well about 150 of them) and it sends bulk spam using our IP number.....so some idiot had nothing better to do then invent a problem for the rest of the world to deal with.....I have no patience with ppl that write programs just for the purpose of annoying everyone else. So with all the hours I've spent on fixing daughters computer, we are now down to ONLY 6 pesky critters...but they seem unable to be destroyed. So I'm looking at formatting her computer next ( oh joy) and if she loses all of her pictures and such, then it might be a lesson well learned. (I might save her pics to one of the other pcs first, and not tell her....just to get my point across) So, my point is, don't worry if I'm not here for a few days......our next warning (if I haven't got the problem fixed) will be disconnection for 24 hours....then permanently if it happens again.

Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead tonight!
HQ
Old 03-10-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

i'm so sorry for your loss. i don't know what to say, but i'd give you a hug if i could. do you have anyone to help cook/clean/check in on you? take care of yourself, and i'm so sorry.