Will It Ever Get Better?

Old 01-31-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

She called me a couple hours ago. She was with the MP's, They just picked her up at the jail. They called her BF to go get her shoes, because she was arrested without shoes and he would not let them come get her shoes for the flight to OK. The MP called and asked me if I could get her some shoes. So, what could I say, I ran to the nearby Walmart and got her a pair of cheap shoes and some travel toletries. They came by my work and picked up the shoes and were going to drop her off at the airport to fly to OK to get out processed, they said she would be back in two days but had to find her own way home. The MP's were trying to tell her that her BF was useless but she would not listen, it is 30 degrees and snowing here and he would not let her have her shoes. Anyway, she called him and he did not tell her she could not come back, he said we need to talk. Then he called me screaming that there is no way she is coming back. It was his idea she go AWOl in the beginning. She called a couple minutes ago and was getting on the plane, I told her to not think about her BF but rather what she is going to do when she gets her out processing over with. I told her that it is not good to go back to her BF and that he does not want her there. She said she wants to stay here and not move with us, said she can change and make it work. How do you even start without a home, money or a car? Plus trying not to drink. I am probably letting my motherly feelings get involved here, but it sure seems like alot of pressure at once to me for a 22 year old.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((lavern ))) Glad she is out of jail,away from the boyfriend..... I hope this will be her bottom.

Keeping you both in my prayers;please keep us posted.

Sorry this is such a difficult time for you.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have to share, this may be premature. But she called and told me her flight was delayed and that she needed me to call her sgt. Then she said she had been doing some thinking and that there was nothing in D for her and that she may talk to them about going back. I called her sgt. and he said it is a possibility. I know I am getting excited for nothing probably, but I can keep praying. My handicapped son also got out of the hospital today, so a couple really big weights have been lifted from my heart. I am not sure where I would be though without all of you and my higher power. My faith has really been tested lately. God Bless.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just to update, she is not going to go back in, I guess too much paper work and politics. She will be back next week, I hope she has a plan. It is time for me to detach myself a little and let her figure this out.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
let it grow!

she's not ready. i'm sorry. it's painful. blessings, k
Old 07-24-2007, 02:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Been A Long Time-I Thought It Would Just Get Better

Well, my daughter is still not better. She was living with a drug dealer to get money for booze. Her old boyfriend paid for her to come to Mexico City to get a job with his tour company. Great opportunity. So, fool that I am I sent her some money to help her get there also. The night before she left she called me screaming that she was going to kill me and my son. She spent my money on alcohol I guess. I just let it go. Her boyfriend just called and she got drunk last night and yelled at his boss and he does not know what to do next. I am so exhausted. We have tried everything, this has gone on for 5 years. I just do not know where to turn. I have tried AA but I guess I keep hoping it will change. It will not change until she wants it to happen. Now I am second guessing myself, is she maybe bipolar or something. Will I ever be able to live with myself if I just walk away.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:38 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome back, lavern. I second guessed myself, too. It's very difficult and I'm sorry you are going through it. Al-Anon and therapy really helped me.

Take care ((()))
Old 07-25-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
let it grow!

lavern, it's been awhile since we heard from you - thanks for checking in.

i'm so sorry to hear that your daughter is still struggling so much with her addiction.

i agree with denny - alanon and counseling have been my answer.

blessings, k
Old 07-25-2007, 06:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Just read the whole story. How heartbreaking. Assuming alanon and counseling will be the answer. I wish the best for you and your family. Must be difficult to decide to detach and then be tempted over and over by your own child. Would be crushing. I hope she sees the light.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

You All Are My Rock

I keep going to meetings but it seems I keep coming back here and nothing makes me feel better than all of you. Thanks for all your prayers.

She did get the job, she leaves on tour for a year on September 3. She called to apologize and said she is getting herself clean and sober.

I am not real enthusiatic, as you all know I have heard it all before.

I will keep praying for her. She can do it but she has to want to.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
let it grow!

how's the rest of the family, lavern?
Old 07-25-2007, 11:30 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Wink

We are doing well, relocated to NW Arkansas, it is beautiful. My son has moved here with us and is doing really good. As you know he is handicapped and was on major meds when we brought him here 4 months ago. He is off all meds and doing better than ever. Sold our house in TX and bought a new home here. The last piece of our family puzzle just does not want to fit in though. Overall, things could not be better.