How do you believe in God?

Old 01-07-2007, 11:54 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Consider attending different churches if you feel that's what you need and want. Each has their own beliefs. Coming from a person who has stopped attending because I personally do not believe in organized religion, I feel everyone is entitled to find what they're searching for.

Keep an open mind. And remember, God/HP/Spirituality has no shape, origins or specific designation. It's what you can get out of it that matters.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by luvmyfurbabies View Post
. Any advice for the lost soul in me?
Don't drink and go to meetings.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

"the power of positive thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale

I love this book.

I have the same upbringing as you. But this book just helped me to understand you can talk to God in your own way. With plain and simple launguage.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the wonderful posts. Right now my thought about God is, "All these people can't be wrong". I am going to get the books suggested and start reading and I'm going to borrow Joel Osteens' books from my sister since I really like him. I think I am on a path now to find my spiritual side. My sister has told me that even though I am not religious, I am a better person than a lot of people who are. The gospel cafe I went to last night with my mom and sister was great. There was a lot of singing but it was very upbeat. Soul-searching at 46, it's a tough job, but I think I'm up for it. Thanks again everyone. All your posts REALLY do help. And mike_mass, I don't drink but I am married to someone who does. I wish he'd take your advice. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2007, 06:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Believer

There is a God...One day he was scanning this earth looking for the lowest, despicable, drug addicted, hepatitus c infected, abcess covered, miserable excuse for a human being he could find so in a demonstration of His mercy, His power, and His grace He could lift him up from The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death...For all to see , Restore Him.. Heal Him.. Make him a Christian Counselor and a Lay Speaker. Give him a new life, a new wife, a new house.
Give him a Prison Ministry, a Celebrate Recovery Ministry, give him speaking engagements all over the state. Give him a fully documented, miraculous, healing of his Hepatitus C..,, HE FOUND ME... , Im Free At Last , Were there not a God..., I wouldnt be alive today... ,His Grace is sufficient.. " I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me"Phil 4:13
Old 01-09-2007, 11:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Soul-searching at 46,
Poo Poo girl. I began mine at 50.