Late Night phone calls

Old 03-28-2003, 10:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

You are right JT he is not unique...I could be him in the blink of an eye. That is one reason I lurk around here sometimes on the Anon boards, ya know?

The Beav and I are so much alike. In my using I was just like him, blaming everyone else, oh my mom, it was ALL her fault!!! I felt the light warm my heart and so far one day at a time I have been able to hold onto the warmth. I pray the same for the Beav. And you are right, he does not need jail but maybe the consequenses of his actions keeping him there for a while will make him appreciate a program more, if that makes sense.

Enjoy your day off!

And by the way...Paul has started snoring lately too, what is up with that?????

i love you my friend.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Bill Wilson was a smart guy...thump thump...
Old 03-28-2003, 10:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

YES he was...he was one smart drunk!!!!!!!!

signed -
Pauline
The SR AA thumper!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2003, 12:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Maybe they will court order him into a very long program. That would be my dream come true. My son did so well in rehab. He didn't quite get it and didn't take it with him, but it was so nice sitting in the group and listening to him share. I was proud, lol.

I remember panicking when he was put in a jail in Louisiana. I heard horror stories about jails in Louisiana. He was placed in a cell with a huge man. The man had 3 bibles open on the table. He said "boy, read that bible" My son read the bible from cover to cover while he was there. The cell was the nightly prayer cell and my son was told to pray on his knees. I learned then that God was in control and some things are beyond my understanding. After that they let him go and ordered him to leave the state.

Hugs,
MG

Old 03-28-2003, 01:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

When my youngest was on his way to greener
pastures to Utah, he was arrested in Nevada.
I totally flipped and bailed him out. My one
and only bail out, and I learned quite a
lesson. And then he came back here and
was arrested over and over-I decided jail
was the best thing for him and me.
My oldest came in last night to go to class,
(long story) and he is supposed to drug test today-back in his town. He's not going, he said he's been taking Vicoden all week and will test dirty. I'm trying real hard right now to let this go, and I'm incredibly miffed
that he is here.
I hope they give Beav a program also, he did
really well the last time. There is always
hope-I think I'll read Smoke's post over
again.

Hugs,
Old 03-28-2003, 03:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sending hugs JT.

I wasn't up late enough last night to catch your post, but you know that my prayers go out for you and him.

My son needs jail right now, and is probably heading there soon. They have given him so many chances to get in a program (and stay!!), and I know that he needs a wake-up call and am grateful that he is still alive to hear it when it comes.

I am glad that your son is alive and safe. Some days alive and safe is the best we can do in our "wish" department.

I've got the walkers ready, JT, and we can hobble through this together.

Just remember that things are exactly the way they are supposed to be right now and that he is exactly where his HP decided he should be. I just wish that late night phone calls were not part of the "plan".
Old 03-28-2003, 04:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Ann,

In my attempt to calm Ward down tonight we had a heated discussion. He slammed his fist down and said.."Ya know what? This isn't over until "the Beav" decides it's over".... I think he got it! Gotta love that lower level primate that I am married to.

I didn't know it but with the Beav "out there" I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. Well it has. My main concern right now is the amount of time. And I hope he isn't too slippery.

Hugs,
JT
Old 03-28-2003, 05:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

JT

My life has been one shoe dropping after the other LOL.

But I found something that helps....

Old 03-28-2003, 05:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
mo

this is the time I take a deep breath and relax. . .

JT Glad to hear that the Beav is safely locked up. It will give him some time to clear his thinking and experience those consequences!! (I just love those consequences. .just brings them closer to their bottom and hopefully recovery. otherwise it is just the same old same old..!!)

As we all know the pain of the addiction is the only thing thing that is going to change the behavior and jail is one painful place.

My daughter says she would much rather spend months in a program than one day in jail. she has spent a total of 7 months in jail and it was the best thing that ever happened to her. .She continues to do well in her program.

By the way, for what it is worth. .I choose to turn the phone off in my bedroom so I do not get any frantic crazy calls that interrupt my beauty sleep. If the call is important, I will hear about it when I am ready. I went through that torture for years and refuse to anymore..

Love and Blessings to all Mo
Old 03-29-2003, 04:00 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hi Mo,

A breath of fresh air! Good to hear from you. You are right and that is how I feel too.

Hugs,
JT
Old 03-29-2003, 05:03 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Wow...now that I have had a cuppa coffee ....thanks Mo! And everyone. Yesterday was tough and emotional but when I woke up this morning to the sun shinning and Mo's post I can see the clouds have lifted.

Suffering the consequences of his action is the ONLY thing that will get through to him. Until then it IS the same ol same ol. As long as he uses crisis will follow him.

I have been wating a long time for something like this and it has finally arrived. I am grateful.

Hugs,
JT