Late Night phone calls

Old 03-27-2003, 09:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Late Night phone calls

...and how much I hate them. The Beav's boss just called and the Beav has stolen his truck and is "drunk as a skunk" He asked me if he should call the cops and I said yes. What if he kills someone. He is dangerous!
Another bridge burned...either way, busted or not I imagine my phone will start ringing again when the Beav is homeless again or in jail.

I was tired but now I am wide awake. Damn him! The damage inflicted by him on people who care about him is nuts! His boss is a nice guy...about 30 with a nice family and doesn't drink. Thinking about him calling me for permission to call the police is almost sad,

Oh well I am up now for a while.

Hugs,
JT
Old 03-27-2003, 10:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi JT!

I was wondering why you were up. I just caught myself literally scratching my head when I was reading your post. I can only be bewildered right along with you and send big, big hugs.

((((((((( JT! ))))))))))

Love,
Smoke
Old 03-27-2003, 10:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh Wow, I can't believe it....he was doing so well. It's an insidious disease. I am so sorry you're still up after last nights escapades.

I started a thread too and now I feel silly being upset. It's a mothers worst nightmare to get those late night phone calls. My mother used to just stay up and wait for them. I know it's a nightmare but he has his higher power loking out for him. It's going to take what it's going to take for him to hit his bottom. It's just too bad that the disease takes everyone with him as he journeys down that road.

I know it must be extra difficult because this last time he stayed with you, you really tried hard to make things work. You did the best you could and for that you should receive a little comfort in knowing there's nothing you could have done to prevent what's happened.

You're doing so well in your recovery and have been an inspiration to so many here. I hope you're able to get some sleep and as hard as it is that you will ry not to project about what might happen. If you stick to one day at a time, it won't seem so overwhelmning. I know you have to work tomorrow, it's important to take care of you and get rest. It will be easier if you're rested. Maybe you should take a famous JT bubble bath. I'll give you a little preview.
Attached Images
File Type: gif
bathing_md_wht.gif (4.7 KB, 101 views)
Old 03-27-2003, 10:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

You know what? It is time....time for him to get off the streets and stop hurting people. Jail is where he is heading anyway, I pray it is before someone gets killed with him drinking and driving.

I am fine, Ward is snoring away...this is more of an annoyance than a full scale fire. No drama from this codie!

Searching...I would drown...it is way too late for a bath. But I AM about to steal that image!

I may beep (Nextel) his boss tomorrow to find out what happened.

Hugs,
JT

Last edited by JT; 03-27-2003 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-27-2003, 10:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's all yours...I snagged it with you in mind anyway. I was just waiting for the right time to use it
Old 03-27-2003, 10:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Well, what can I say. Maybe he is on his way over to clean his stuff out of your guest room.

I hope that he and everyone else stays safe tonight.

Big Hugs,
MG

Old 03-27-2003, 10:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

LOL!! That is too funny MG!

That is why I came here. I knew you guys would make me laugh!

Lets all hope no one gets hurt.

(((((HUGS)))))
JT
Old 03-27-2003, 10:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I hope you can sleep tonight. I hate it when they do this. It doesn't get the reaction from me that it used too, but it's still a big worry.

I think jail would be a break for you and safer for him.

Hug,
MG

Old 03-27-2003, 10:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Grace Under Fire

I was scratching my head too. Don't know
what to say either except PHOOEY!
I pray everyone is safe tonight.

Hugs,
Old 03-28-2003, 05:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

The phone rang again at 2am...collect....from jail. We didn't accept the charges and after the 5th try we took the phone off the hook. I don't know any details yet but I do know talking to him then was not the thing to do. Been there, done that...got no t-shirt.

When he gets clean he will have alot of experience to share. This is merely another chapter in his story.

Thanks,
JT
Old 03-28-2003, 06:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nothing to say....

Just sending prayers and hugs your way....

Hey, I'm a poet and don't know it!:p

Lyn
Old 03-28-2003, 06:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I spoke with his boss and he feels so bad about having to call the police. His wife is mad at him about the whole mess and wouldn't let him come home.

Today I will be grateful that the Beav is in a place where he can't hurt anyone. The people who care about him are targets waiting to be picked off.

My father has said many times that if all the people who were affected sought recovery there wouldn't be enough rooms to hold them. So true. I love my son to death and want only the best for him. The best today is for him to do no more harm to his friends and family.

Hugs,
JT
Old 03-28-2003, 06:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

JT,

I hate those late night calls too What is this the week for them or what?

Thankfully, he is off the street and maybe, just maybe....

I hope you got some rest last night. I know your strong enough to get thru this and take care of you! And we are here for you!! I'm sending extra hugs and prayers. And a good smack to him

Don't you just wish we could just smack'em one!?!
Old 03-28-2003, 07:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

JT,

D@mn!

Didn't we have a plan a little while back to send them all to another happy planet?!

And why???? is the boss's wife mad at him? Good grief!

I am envious of you, you have all this going on and at the same time you have your office all spiffy!

I need a swift kick in the motivator!

hugs,
live
Old 03-28-2003, 07:54 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

JT -

The powerlessness of this disease never ceases to amaze me.

god Bless you, Ward and the Beav. I was just talking with a woman last night who was praying that her daughter would end of in jail soon, cause there she would be safe from hurting herself and others. It does make a lot of sense.

I know you don't want to be called strong, so I will just say that I admire you (can I get away with that one) and I too would love for you to have coffee with my mother and tell her a thing or two!!! Maybe a whack or two!!!

Being the addict child myself....oh forget it, you already know.

I hope you have great day today!!! I love you my friend!
Old 03-28-2003, 08:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
believer

JT,

Wow, what a night. Thankfully the cops found him and picked him up pretty fast. I hope you were able to get back to sleep. At least he's out of harms way, for himself and others.

Take care and hugs,
JG
Old 03-28-2003, 09:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

He probably doesn't remember any of it. He was probably calling you to ask what he did.

He will probably get joy riding and a DUI or DWI. Hopefully that's all that happened.

Maybe jail and the information from the programs will kick in. I hope so. I keep thinking that maybe they'll get a little older and something will just click.

What color would you like your walker to be?

Hugs,
MG

Old 03-28-2003, 09:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hi again,

I just talked to him and he sounds like he has been brought to his knees. I took none of the feeble excuses or blame he dished out and amazingly he stopped. He told me to tell his boss he was sorry and he told me he was sorry....and didn't expect anything in return. Of course he asked me to bail him out and of course I said no. I was smiling when we hung up. I told him I love him.

We both know he doesn't need jail...he needs treatment. He said he was hanging around people who drink and he can't do that but he needed a place to stay. I mentioned that if he kept up with his meetings he could find help there and he agreed. He said when he left here he quit trying.

I suggested he talk to his public defender about another drug program...but in my heart I know some time in jail may be what he needs. If he slips out of this too easily the lesson won't have the same impact.

I did sleep last night...thanks for all of your concern and I was already scheduled to be off today. I am not even really sad...I honestly see the oppotunity here. I used to fear jail for him but today I see it as tho he is standing in the glaring daylight and he can't hide from it. He has gotten a little closer to the prize each time. This last time was just inches from his grasp.

Cunning, baffling and powerful. The path never strays until total abstinence is achieved. The Beav is not unique.

Hugs,
JT
Old 03-28-2003, 09:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

(((((JT))))) Sending hugs your way, too. What is it with this week anyway? You really need your sleep - first the snoring, and now this! Had to laugh about the drowning thing

Thank God you've got a good programme going for you, JT. You continue to inspire me in spite of it all. I can't figure the boss's wife's reaction either Anyway, you did the right thing - he's safe, and so is everyone else. Thinking of you!

Love and hugs.
Old 03-28-2003, 09:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

The bosses wife was upset because her husband spends way too much time trying to put out fires. He has 2 employees and they are both alcoholic/drug abusers. He owns his buisness so everytime one of these guys screws up it puts the family at risk as well as the buisness. He sounds like a codie if you get my drift.

He called ME to see if it was ok to call the cops. There are programs for that kind of behavior...

JT