As The Jack Ass Turns Part 3

Old 11-02-2006, 06:44 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Man, your Sponsor is really staying with ya. Aren't they super? Course, they maybe have felt your same pain, guilt and other feelings. Maybe, you should reach out to him and let it all out. You must be having some pretty sad thoughts about now. BUT, you shouldn't feel hopeless. You have so much to go on for...and "clean up" for. Yes, it is hard....seems impossible? Notta. Remember the few days you were sober? Was there even a glimpse of hope to live without the booze and have a better life? Even a moment when you felt so proud of yourself for going an hour without, a day. A second of a little relief? Well, was there? Answer me, please. Even a glimmer???
Old 11-02-2006, 08:11 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

jeri
doesn't it say in the big book to not waste too much time on people that don't seem to want the help? because there are so many more out there that do want the help?
yep, it shure does... and you also ask why keep up the keep up'n...

jeri, this is a recovery site, for those trying to stop, and the friends and familys of, as you see... this journey of the jack ass has help'd many... for me more importantly... its my journey in to the fine art of letting go, saying no if you will...right cwohio? ... as you may have seen, i lost my sweetheart to addiction... i watched and hoped for the better tomorrows... jeri, they did not come... Jacky is another person i love... and now, watching him go the same route... the rat of addiction has its ugly mouth on jacky... i have , and nan too have come to terms with enableing... we do not do it anymore, or for the most part try... when jacky calls, or IM's... its do not reply, a quick simple brushoff and sometimes engage the hell out of him... jeri, its all part of the process...
if i might ask, jeri, how long did it take you to let go of AHH?.... if you did...
jeri, i'm not being a smart ass, just would like to know... it will help... so if you care to follow this thread, please keep putting in your thoughts, thats what the jack ass thread is here for... to help, and also give back... right pc2?

thanks jeri

all good wishes, and give only love.... patrick
Old 11-02-2006, 08:33 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

RZ (((BIG HUGS))) We need to go with our gut! IMO
Old 11-03-2006, 04:48 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

rz and all others
i still haven't been able to totally let go.....that is why i'm here and still go to al-anon.

rusty, this thread has helped me tremendously, too.....i have read, been amazed, felt the raw emotions, cried, laughed till it hurt......and it does always seem to hurt, doesn't it?

my xah is lost out there too, just like jacky. it breaks my heart. i don't want it to break my heart anymore. tired of being sick and tired. you know what i mean!!

having a real hard time right now with my emotions... xah.....he has left half-way house and is on the rampage drunk. he goes to a very, very dark lplace in his mind when he does this....becomes a danger.

i know you have to keep "keepin-on".

my grandmother was a country woman who could grow any kiind of plant....she could take the sickest, deadest looking plant, and save it. she used to tell me......baby doll, if there is one speck of green left on this plant, there is still life. and if you know what to do, you can help the plant back.

patrick, mine has been in at least 30 half-way homes and many other treatment centers. a new beginning every time. renewed hope everytime. it is totally mind-breaking to see him continue this over and over.

but there is still life there. still some green? still some hope?

damn, i just need to go to bed and cry for a couple of hours.

jeri
Old 11-03-2006, 06:04 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

my journey in to the fine art of letting go, saying no if you will...right cwohio?
a fine art indeed and so very, very hard, but a must!

my continued prayers for jacky and all those who have not found recovery and those that love them.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:57 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

jeri, i would like to thank you so, so much for shareing a part of your life...

jeri
my grandmother was a country woman who could grow any kiind of plant....she could take the sickest, deadest looking plant, and save it. she used to tell me......baby doll, if there is one speck of green left on this plant, there is still life. and if you know what to do, you can help the plant back.
wow, what a great truth... the only problem with that is a plant doesnt booze, pop pills, or smoke crack...

jeri
patrick, mine has been in at least 30 half-way homes and many other treatment centers. a new beginning every time. renewed hope everytime. it is totally mind-breaking to see him continue this over and over.
you blew me away on that one... miracal (trish) was in her 30th detox/rehab...

jeri, she mentioned when i met her, if she should fall on this go at it... there was not another recovery left in her... jeri, she was right... it was the end of last Oct., til the very end of March, before she died to addiction... if its any help... i kind of came to terms with the acceptence of her death before she died... jeri, i always hung on to the fact that tomorrow would be better, the fact, they just got worse...her death was not in vain... she was and stil is well loved on this site, in my heart, and of course her sister nan...

trish and jack'y are helping others in their own special way... showing the insanity of it all...

jeri
damn, i just need to go to bed and cry for a couple of hours.
well maybe so... just when you get up, its time for a good laugh...

so jeri, The Origional Jack Ass Buster saying.... HOLY CRAP!

stay tuned to "As The Jack Ass Turns" judge judy look out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
jackass lawyer.jpg (23.2 KB, 41 views)
Old 11-04-2006, 04:18 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
~ 5 ~

trish and jack'y are helping others in their own special way... showing the insanity of it all...
That is so true, I think this thread has had a big part in my sobriety, this and watching my brother almost mimic jacky's pattern.
The insanity, the lies ect.........It helps everyday, I just wish I could help those who dont see it the way we do from a sober standpoint.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:32 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
~ 5 ~

Oh and Rusty, please let him know he is still in my prayers, he isnt completely lost yet, just hasnt found the right path!
Old 11-04-2006, 08:24 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Continued in As The Jack Ass Turns Part 4

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

Mike