One last resort, an intervention....

Old 10-16-2006, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One last resort, an intervention....

I've been lurking a lot without being on the forum for a while. I've been contemplating an intervention and I think it will need to happen in my life for my AH.
Mental abuse every night and I cant go on. I also cant get up the nerve to leave on my own as suggested by my counselor and family. Why? I dont know. I've already detatched from AH when he drinks which is evey day. I'm finding it harder and harder to remember that wondeful man I married. This disease has taken us to a new level and I cant do it alone.
I call the insurance and they will pay all but $100 of the whole thing so I have deciced to do it.
I guess there is a good change AH will not buy into this but then it will give me permission to follow through with boundaries that I have to make.
So I guess all in all I am doing this for me! To move on to take care of myself.

question: Has anyone had experience in interventions, and what has been the outcome for you.

Thanks
Missy xo
Old 10-16-2006, 09:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy
I guess there is a good change AH will not buy into this but then it will give me permission to follow through with boundaries that I have to make.
So I guess all in all I am doing this for me! To move on to take care of myself.
I understand. It's not that you need permission from someone else, but from yourself. That way no matter what happens at least you'll get to do whatever you have to do ultimately with the knowledge that you did everything you could have. There's something freeing in that.

I always wished we could have done an intervention for my ex. But with his family and friends, I would probably be the only one to show up.

I don't have any experience. But I wanted to wish you good luck with the intervention; I hope he agrees to go for it and gets something out of the experience.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry I can't write more right now (I should be on my way out the door!)
please see : http://www.LoveFirst.net

ttyl
Old 10-17-2006, 01:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

missy, have you called an intervention councelor? Need professional help with this.
imo needs lots of practice to stand your ground. If he owns his own business or doesn't care if he gets fired, we have no lever.
How many family and friends do you have that will help, plus his boss if the boss knows??
Keep us posted.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had an intervention with my father. He ended up going to Hazelton 3 days later and has been sober for two and 1/2 years!