RE: Hi Everyone/update

Old 03-04-2003, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fantastic Member

RE: Hi Everyone/update

Hi all!
I haven't been really busy, I guess things have just become so peaceful I am living in amazement. The A and I are in counseling togehter...and our counselor has told us he is truly impressed with our progress...he did not think we could go this far. I am happy about that. The A still lives away from the home and will for now, he goes to AA at least once a day and to an outpatient meeting once a week. He truly is taken with AA. He applys it to everything he does. I talked with his sponsor and he tells me he is a model for others. It is the best news I have heard in years! He has a new personality and it has taken soem getting used to. Sometimes I could : ) "barf" listening to him...but I just have to get used to it. He stopped being needy...that was a huge move for him. All and all things are moving along smoothly! Okkkkkkkkk I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. But that is why I can't let him come home...not just yet.

Ladies who are new to the board and guys too....I want you all to know had I NOT found this board...I would have been sitting with a huge A passed out on the couch and miserable. ALL of you gave me the courage to CHANGE my life last summer and I am forever grateful. Even if the A and I go our seperate ways ....life changed for me....and I am thankful for that.
Bless all of you
Love Kitty
Old 03-04-2003, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

****{Kitty!!!}}}

This is such great news and I am so happy that you finally have some peace in your life. When the chaos stops, isn't it heaven?

You give him a lot of credit, and I am sure he deserves it, but give yourself a big hug too, Kitty, because you are one strong lady who has walked through Hell and kept her head up and her claws in.

You are such an inspiration and it's great to hear that you are happy and taking good care of yourself.

I have really missed you, and just had to jump in here and say "hello".

Superhugs to you.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Kitty,
So great to hear from you again... I remember "meeting" you a while ago on the boards / thru your posts etc. A lot has changed since then for BOTH of us!! I am so glad to hear that all is well... count your blessings; I sure do!
Take care
Meg
Old 03-05-2003, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Kitty,

I'm so happy for you. You really took some hard steps and they paid off.

Good for you.

Hugs,
MG

Old 03-05-2003, 01:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Kitty,

Wonderful news, I am almost in tears at the progress you have made since last summer. Like MG says you took the hard steps and they have paid off. You are an inspiration to me. Take good care............
Old 03-05-2003, 03:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi Kitty--

I was really moved by your post b/c I realize that you are what I want to be...at peace. I have been dating my A for 2+ years and all we have done is gone in circles. He's been an on/off again drinker, but mostly on (2-4 days a week). So here I am again w/the same song and dance we've been doing. He says he wants sobriety more than anything, but his actions say otherwise. Anyway, I have been detaching for some time, maybe I have'nt done it lovingly, but nonetheless I can't wait around for him to get sober to live my life.

I recently decided to move in w/a girlfriend and he is furious b/c he thought I would "pull through and move in w/him" so he could save money. I never lead him to believe that I would do that unless he had some sobriety under his belt. Thus far, he hasn't shown me that he's serious about the program. I guess I feel guilty now, b/c he says he's put so much time and effort into our r/l and now it's not going anywhere. I know the codependant person in me wants to just give in to his needs and believe that he really does want sobriety, but I don't trust him. Given the fact we're not married, I feel as if I don't owe him anything.

What do you think? I don't want to rain on your happiness, but I wnat to get there some day with or without him.

Thank you for reading this.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Hi Kitty!!

Nice to hear from you. I am so glad things are going well for you. Not even one &^*(%!!!

The quiet must be a bit unnerving but you will get used to it!!

Hugs,
JT
Old 03-05-2003, 08:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

(((( kitty )))))

WAHOOOOO !!! I agree with the others, you deserve a big pat on the back and a hug for how far you have come. I am pleased that your A has chosen recovery for now, but you are a testament to recovery in ACTION.

Thanks for giving us the update!!

HUGS
Osier59
Old 03-06-2003, 07:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fantastic Member

Thanks for all the kind words. I hope all this all continues....it has been a real experience......... that is for sure!
Love Kitty