All that I do is daydreaming

Old 07-31-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All that I do is daydreaming

I'm pretty open about my tendency to daydream for a significant amount of time. I suppose you can say that my mind is the safest place I can be in, nobody can hear or read me. I finally can be in another place just for a few minutes, or hours. Dissociation from reality is often considered as a coping mechanism from trauma, it makes sense.

After all these years, I still haven't fully accepted the reality I live in, my mother's addiction and the damage that her destructive behaviour has inflicted upon me. I tried to take a look at it and I run away, It's too scary and bizarre.

I'm conscious that dissociating myself from everything may be dangerous and unhealthy for my well-being. I'm proud of myself for having admitted it, though.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I do that also. It's like self hypnosis and the way I relax.
It is a safe place to get away from thinking and worrying.
My mind never stops so daydreaming helps me get away from reality for short times during the day.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hey Valentinus - do you have any outside support at all? Do you attend counselling or Al-Anon?

Not sure if you are familiar with Al-Anon but there are meetings pretty regularly in most places. While AA is for the alcoholic, Al-Anon is for the friends and family. It's about you, not them.

You can find out more here: https://al-anon.org/