Father of my kids won't quit.

Old 08-11-2015, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Father of my kids won't quit.

Hi, I'm new to this site. I was looking for a site for support and advice so I'm glad I came across this one!!
So, here it goes..my boyfriend and I have been dating three years and have two daughters together. He has had a drug problem for many years, way before we ever met. Pills are his drug of choice, however he smokes weed sometines also. When we first started talking and dating he was an alcoholic as well, however he quit drinking a few months after us being together saying he wanted to change his life and didnt like the person he had become. After I found out I was pregnant he said he was going to quit the drugs. He changed his number among other things saying he wanted to lose contact with all of his suppliers and people he sold to once in awhile. Within weeks he was back in touch with those people and back on drugs. This has went on our entire relationship, him saying he was done and changing his number only to contact those same people again a few days later. When our daughters were born (I had twins) I found him taking my prescribed pills from the hospital I received for after labor. I confronted him and he didn't take anymore of mine, but went and found his own. He would get so messed up he would nod off feeding our daughters a bottle. I ended up not letting him feed either of them and would do everything myself. Looking back I should have left him then but I want so bad for my girls to grow up in a happy family with their parents together. Fast forward two years, he is still snorting pills and occasionally smoking pot although I have straight up asked him to please stop or get help and I've recently told him that if he did not straighten up I would get custody of our kids because I won't let them grow up with a drug addict for a father and tried explaining to him that his decisions will affect our children and how I want so badly for him to be a good role model for our children. He is continuing to use drugs, I'm guessing he thinks I'm not serious. I have started saving pictures and info for proof to show in court so I will be able to get custody of our daughters. He has just lost his job and I thought MAYBE now he will stop, I am a stay at home mom who babysits and I only make $50 a week, so he was the main source for our money for bills. But he is still getting pills, the day after he was fired he got colonopins? I read his text messages after he passed out. And for days following he has been so mad and snaps over anything. I guess I just wanted to write this to get it off my chest and ask if anybody can relate? Thanks, sorry its so long!!
Old 08-11-2015, 10:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Ash)) welcome to our SR family
hate so much that you & your precious twins are dealing with someone which the disease of addiction.

For me, when faced with a loved one with this disease -I have learned the best thing I can do is be the healthiest me.

For me, this involved seeking support here on SR, attending Al-Anon meetings, reading recovery literature and connecting with my Higher Power.

Please keep reading - so many of us have been in similar situations and have found help for ourselves. Some of our family got sober, some didn't - but the main thing is we learned to provide a healthy atmosphere for ourselves & our children.

big PINK hugs (hope, unity, gratitude & serenity)