To Everyone Who Is In-Between....

Old 05-31-2003, 08:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Paused

thats me

My common law wife and i split up 1 1/2 weeks ago. and i`m deffinetly in between. I know we`ll never work together while she`s on something. She takes gravol , back med`s or whatever she can buy in the drug store without a perscription. I couldn`t tell if she was high or not wether this was the real her or not. It was driving me nuts.

I still care for her but the lies have left me untrusting. She has no idea of the abuse i have taken and what it has done to me. To have a place to talk about it helps
Old 05-31-2003, 10:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ann....thanks so much for posting this message. It is the perfect read for me today. It's helped me understand where I am....in-between. And I'm grateful for knowing that what I'm feeling is normal.

Thank you so very much.....I will print this and read it regularly.

God Bless....

Sarah
Old 06-10-2003, 05:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ann...I want to go out today and buy this book. Will it be at the meeting I start attending this week or do I find it in a book store? Are there any other books that would be helpful in my finding my way back to sanity?

Thanks
Old 06-10-2003, 07:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Oh Thank-you!!

Wow, Thanks Ann,

I mirror the others sentiments when I say this could not have come at a better time. Very tough morning, very tough last night. Precisley what I have been feeling...inbetween, confused and frustrated. Its like, where does it end? Or does it? When do you choose to loose the fear of letting go and moving forward instead of being stuck. I am tired of looking to my A for answers when all it does is cause frustration and anquish. Even though he is in recovery, (8months clean) some things never or haven't changed. Nor can I make them change. I was reading my book, Codependant no more, last night. It was what actually got me through my night, allowed me to sleep. This morning though I felt lost and alone again. Thank-you so much for posting this....your timing is impecable.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Rose1

Almost There...

I am new and not sure how I got here, but I believe there is a reason for everything. I have been reading post about all sorts of things and can relate to almost all of it.
I'm not sure what label I can put on myself except to say I have not arrived to the place of peace or acceptance yet, but I can see the road is at last leading somewhere.
It's been almost 8 years since my divorce to the man that I loved beyond my own comprehension. I lost him to crack cocaine. Somehow during all that torment I mustered the courage to leave him, but it was the most difficult move of my life. It came down to my own survival, and I decided to live.
I loved him so much that it hurt me for a long long time. I am still not without pain, but part of me has moved on. Now I am waiting for the rest of me to catch up.

Old 07-09-2003, 11:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Paused

Now I know who I am. I am an "inbetween". Thank you God for being with me in the middle. Thank you Ann for posting this.
Old 07-27-2003, 01:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks Ann - I am a newcomer as you may see.... I am in between and it's really hard....

I really enjoyed this post - it has helped.

Thanks,
Babybird
Old 08-06-2003, 03:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi all,
I am new to this board. i am also in between. Not getting a divorce yet and not married either. My husband, daughter, mother, and brother are all addicts. Melanie Beatty's book has been my friend who is consistent through all of my journey to this place in between. It is nice to have a board where i can speak with Naranon friends anytime. Thanks for being there.