Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Archives > The Best of SoberRecovery
Reload this Page >

Whiners Anonymous Part 306 "A Whine Away, A Whine Away"

Whiners Anonymous Part 306 "A Whine Away, A Whine Away"

Old 01-18-2022, 05:02 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I was with my friend and his family over the weekend. His wife was sick, but had tested negative before they left home. Had a text from him that she and one of their girls tested positive this morning. . I hugged them both yesterday before we left. Think we have a home test around the house. I have a meeting in an hour with a customer that is driving 2.5 hours that we've been trying to schedule for months. . I suppose I'll just move upstairs again and see how the testing goes and if symptoms develop. [Inconvenience]
Old 01-18-2022, 05:05 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Alpine, I hope you have a better day today.

PJ, i was so sore from that booster jab, I finally started taking ibuprofen. Glad I had I now obviously.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:23 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I hope you are all doing well. Thank you for the kind words,I am still not in a great place in life right now. I know I should be happy and that in the grand scheme nothing is all that bad. I just can't wrap my head around things right now. I am really missing Mr. Alpine. I am happy to be able to talk with him, usually 2x a day,, it just would be nice to actually be with him. We also have some significant issues we are working through. I am also struggling with not drinking. It would be nice just to escape from everything. My MIL is burning me out as is my Mom. There is no place beside the basement or my bedroom that i can go to be alone. I could go for a drive but we got about 15 inches of snow so the roads are not the best.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:39 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ahhh, Snow Day again here today, no online school again either. It's not snowing, sun is shining. Yes, there is snow on the ground. It's Canada, we can do snow.

Alpine, I'm glad to see you here this morning. Forgive me, you've probably already stated this, but are there other family members who could/should help to give you a break which you really need right now? Is it possible to hire a caregiver for a week so that you could spend some time with MrAlpine? Are there any government services that would offer caregiving that you could use? Eg, my Dad was a Veteran and he was entitled to cleaning services in his apartment as well as some homecare? I'm sure you've already considered things like that, but I feel like you really need a break right now.
Old 01-18-2022, 06:36 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Magsie

PJ, hope you’re feeling better soon.

Alpine, pleased you posted. Drinking would only make things worse than you feel right now. I hope you can get some time for yourself in different surroundings. It’s difficult with the weather for you right now but soon maybe plan a day or so for yourself..
Old 01-18-2022, 07:47 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Alpine))) I'm sorry you're still struggling. I know that you know that drinking would not help your situation at all, would just give you another problem. Come here often to vent and get it off your chest. We understand how hard this can be and we're all here to support you.

Woke with the same old same old.

Called the transportation agency and they are taking me to my test appt today. I asked them if they could take me to my procedure tomorrow and they said yes, I told them I'd let them know what time as soon as the pain doctor's office called me with the time.

It's a bright sunny day, tho cold. Only 27 F.

Cityboy, what a bummer. Glad you had your booster. I hope you'll test negative.

My ride to my test comes in an hour. I'll be glad to get it done and over with.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:30 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Good luck Least.
It is cold but sunny here. There is a lot of snow on the ground so I did a workout in the basement. I should play around with my cross-country skis or take my bike out for a ride, I just do not feel up to it. I will probably just hang out here in the house.
Pup is sound asleep on a chair in the living room and I am sitting here in the bedroom. I will probably work on my quilt, there is a lot to do with that.
Thanks again for the encouragement. Yes, I need a break, I just do not know where I can go for a little escape. I wish I knew when I will be able to see Mr. Alpine again, we do not have any plans yet. It just seems to me I have nothing to look forward to each day..It is just the same, help my MIL with things she may need, drive over to help my Mom..I did not go yesterday and not going today due to the roads and my Mom lives on the bottom of a very steep hill that is only maintained by my brother.
Old 01-18-2022, 10:46 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just got back from having my test. I don't know how they'll notify me of the results, text or call. I hope they'll text me cause a text is proof of the results. Also don't know how long it'll take to get the results.

I wish the pain doctor's office would hurry up and call me so I could call the transportation agency to tell them when to be here.

Bro came over this morning before work and took care of Billie. I noticed he also shoveled a path to the back yard cats' feeding station and also shoveled a path to the back door. Bless his heart.

After my bath today I've got to change the sheets. I dread that cause it hurts my back so much, all that bending over.

(((Alpine))) I hope your brother clears your mom's driveway. Can you call him and pressure him to do it? Stay strong. The cravings will pass and each time you resist them, you get stronger and they get weaker.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:06 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - I'm so glad to see you posting. I don't blame you for feeling trapped right now - I hope the time will pass quickly until you're with your husband again.

Mags - How aggravating that the mirror got broken. I haven't seen that type of table - they must be so pretty.

Cityboy - It just seems unanavoidable. So sorry. But I heard that Omicron has peaked.

Feeling a little lighter today. Ann wouldn't want us to be morbid. It couldn't be helped though. I appreciate all the good thoughts we've shared through this awful time.

Beautiful outside - sun is out - snow has diamonds in it.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:35 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Alpine- as an alcoholic, one of my-and many others, traits is to look at life in absolutes...'that was a bad day', if 2 things don't work out . 'He ALWAYS does that!'...if he has been noticed twice drumming his fingers.I try to avoid saying..'I should', 'I have to', 'I must'...because such absolute expectations are often disappointed. I try to be more gentle with myself and ask myself what the big picture is.
Old 01-18-2022, 11:37 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've got to be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow cause I have to be at the surgery center at 7:45 am. I'll have to take Billie out when I wake up and then put her in the crate when I leave. Bro can still come over before work to feed her.

I'm not used to getting up so early but will be glad to have it over and done with. I sure hope and pray that it helps.

Billie likes her little cleared space in the dog yard. When I take her out she heads right for it.

Can't wait to get my new keyboard. So tired of using this old one with so many keys that stick.

PJ, that's sound advice. You are one smart cookie.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:19 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Had a beef patty smothered with gravy and onions in my MOW lunch. Then heated up one of the frozen dinners and had a cheeseburger. I left a few bites of it on the plate and put it out on the porch for old tomcat.

Thinking about Ann today and hoping she's looking down on us and smiling. And I'll bet she's ranting at God for taking her so soon, telling him "Do you know who I AM?" I sure miss her.
Old 01-18-2022, 01:28 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Exclamation

Sorry to post so much. To all members in the USA: To get your (four) free at home covid test kits, go to www.covidtests.gov and order them. I just did and it took me about a minute to do so. No money, just your name and address. You can enter your email if you want to get shipping updates.
Old 01-18-2022, 01:31 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least;[url=tel:7753317
7753317[/url]]Sorry to post so much. To all members in the USA: To get your (four) free at home covid test kits, go to www.covidtests.gov and order them. I just did and it took me about a minute to do so. No money, just your name and address. You can enter your email if you want to get shipping updates.
Just did the same.
Old 01-18-2022, 01:48 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I sent for mine as well, least. Hope your test comes back negative. But if you are positive, you probably wont be contagious now, since you have had your symptoms for over a week. I have been doing lots of research on it, and they say that you are most contagious two days before and three days after you test positive. its rare to be contagious after a week of being positive. but you can test positive for a long while after you have had the virus, as there is residual virus in your body, just not enough to make anyone else sick. wearing a mask is best though...just in case "they' are wrong, lol.

I think I feel like Ann was just taken from us. She didn't expect it, I don't think , so quickly. But we are all in Gods hands, and she is safe and perfect and not sick anymore. Just terribly missed. I hope Bubba is doing alright, though I can't imagine how.

had inventory today, and I had about 1500$ worth of V alentines day balloons that corporate sent. I will not be inflating them all. I also had about 2000$ worth of vases that they sent. They seem to be afraid that they will not be able to procure vases from China....No problems so far, except having to deal with these expensive ones that will only sell after I mark them down about 90% .. I love marking stuff down, lol
Old 01-18-2022, 02:06 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Chic, it was a couple weeks ago and I only had the runny nose and chills for a few days, so don't know what that was all about.

I'm slightly irritated at whomever orchestrated this test giveaway cause the four tests are for each address, not for each American. And there are a lot of families bigger than four people. What are they supposed to do? On the USPS email I got to verify my order, it said only one per valid residential address. When I read that the gov't was giving out tests for "every American", I thought it was for every person, not every address.

That's ok for me, I'm a single occupant of this address. But the house in back has five people and the house next door has six. That poses a problem, I think.

Better to make the effort than not, but it wasn't very well thought out. And the promise was tests for every American.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:16 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

I see it a bit differently love....I think it is pretty awesome that they are sending out any free tests. Also, if you have insurance, you can get tests from your pharmacy and you will be subsidised. That is what I just read. Brand new initiative. s
Old 01-18-2022, 02:19 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Administrator

It may not be perfect but you cant get a test for love or money here right now so you US folks are streets ahead of the Aussies with this.

D
Old 01-18-2022, 02:20 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Big nods.

(I follow Aussie news very closely, plus I speak to my sister a lot).
Old 01-18-2022, 02:29 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Well, I'm not bitching about it and think it's a great idea, but just that a lot of families are going to be out in the cold.