Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Archives > The Best of SoberRecovery
Reload this Page >

Whiners Anonymous Part 306 "A Whine Away, A Whine Away"

Whiners Anonymous Part 306 "A Whine Away, A Whine Away"

Old 01-25-2022, 02:16 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Took a long nap but still feel awful. When we woke up I took Billie to the kitchen to see if she'd eat her breakfast, but no, still didn't want it. She hasn't thrown up, just doesn't want to eat.

I am tired of always having Jack's problem.

Suze, I'm not an English teacher but am the daughter of an English prof, if that would help. What do you need help with?
Old 01-25-2022, 02:33 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I will be fine love.... was just thinking it would be awesome to have someone to talk to about adverbial and adjectival clauses, and subordinating conjunctions

I am worried about Billie.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:14 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Billie finally ate her breakfast. Then did a tiny pooplet. She seems to be ok.

I don't know about those aspects of English. I'm good at using it, but don't know the finer points of grammar. I know how to use them but can't always explain them.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:41 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Suze, I learned this morning the owner of the Jazz studio I'm visiting is an English Professor. We were talking about that word game " Wordle" and she said she doesn't like words demanded of her - LOL !

least, I'm sorry you're feeling unwell with respect to your digestion, but pleased your back seems a bit better.

Hev, Is it possible you'll escape a big dump of snow, or is that completely out of the question ?!

BK, I love your delusional fantasies of being a Grand Duchess in her green house.....I'd love a green house and I know a few other whiners who would too ! BTW, I like doing push ups.......well I should qualify that......I'm proud of the progress I've made with them over the last few years.

LMP #1, Eleanor and I took a little road trip to the Jersey Shore today !! It's only about an hour away and it was beautiful....cold but beautiful !
Old 01-25-2022, 04:47 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

For no reason, I am getting real anxiety..dunno why...it gets debilitating ...then overthinking kicks in donating guilt and shame to the mix, captioned with a reminder that it is a consequence of my horrid drinking past, a righteous punishment because I am a bad person . Just like the burns....

If I was feeling even a little bit humorous , I would post some witty, funny narrative here..but a dramatic pose will have to do...

Old 01-25-2022, 04:47 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

The Cat Came Back song has been stuck in my head all day.

Pondlady, did Eleanor stay awake for the drive? My kid would usually crash right out on a road trip.

Least, I wish you felt better waking up.

Venus . I admire your courage taking a class.

Hevyn, I feel the same about the stairs.

Bekind, I was in a routine of doing calisthenics in morning for a while. It's just so hard to stick to a routine.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:55 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((PJ))) I'm sorry you're being bothered by bad anxiety. I hope it stops soon.

Pondy, I was thinking the same thing. Did Eleanor fall asleep on the long drive? When mk was a baby, I used to take her for car rides to get her to finally fall asleep... only to have her wake up as soon as we came home!
Old 01-25-2022, 05:13 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Well as Venuscat suggested, I did go visit my Dad. I have such a tough time getting off my rump. Ugh. It was absolutely the right thing to do. I bought Dad a new electric razor as the guard on his is broken and he has scrapes on his face. We did a bit of exercise and I read him headlines from r/upliftingnews on Reddit.

PJ, what a non-lovely cocktail of emotions: guilt, shame and anxiety. Not fun. Have yet another internet hug (((PJ))). Hang tough and let us know how it goes.

I had a good time shoveling the driveway. I like useful exercise and snow shoveling certainly qualifies. My main winter hobbies are snow shoveling and picking hair off of fleece outerwear . I wish I liked skiing and such more but I don't really care for it.

I figured out the grow light in the Winter Garden aka Conservatory aka sunroom. It is putting out a lovely green glow. I hope the strawberry starts will begin to look a bit happier.

Well off to knit and watch some British television.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:17 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

PJ, I hope that you can get ahead of the anxiety and things of the past.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:24 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Anyone have any good ideas for a title for the next part?
Old 01-25-2022, 05:51 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Pondy - I've played Wordle a few times. It points up how dense I can be.
We usually get big snow every winter, but for some reason we've been spared 'the big one' so far. It snows in March sometimes.
I love the Jersey Shore - we stayed in Stone Harbor (near Avalon) every summer when I was a kid.
Yes, I'd love a green house. I make such a mess in the house trying to repot plants.

PJ - I'll go along just fine, telling myself it doesn't work that way - that we aren't being punished for our 'sins' because we've been forgiven long ago.
Then out of nowhere will come the 3am wake up where I dredge up every awful thing that happened as a result of drinking. I don't know why we sabotage ourselves like that.
I do love WHY kitty though.

Cityboy - We lived in an apartment for a little over a year before buying this house. No stairs - an elevator - everything made far too easy. I told myself I'd use the stairs instead of the elevator, but of course that rarely happened. When we moved in here I was huffing & puffing when I went upstairs or down to the basement to do laundry. After a couple months I wasn't out of breath anymore - and I feel so much better - so I do think it helps.

Bekind - I didn't know Reddit had an uplifting news thread - I must check it out.
Sounds like a very rewarding visit with Dad.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:02 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Pj, you are not and never were a bad person. Bad choices, maybe. But who you are, without that poison, is wonderful, wise, and loving. Some people can drink like crazy, then quit, and not have to pay the price that you had to. Seems unfair, but it sometimes happens, for no good reason, except da#@ed alcohol. I think you are wonderful, and so talented, and have worked so hard, and achieved more than many ever will. I am a fan. I hope that tomorrow is a better day, dear man.

I hope I didn't speak insensitively.. I sometimes speak with my feet in my mouth, pj.
I was thinking, however , that you could help Venus... you invent some of the most wonderful words, lol
Old 01-25-2022, 06:06 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't accept you deserve punishment PJ.
If that was true we all would.

You wouldn't say that about any of us - so I hope you're working towards not saying it of yourself too.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:28 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

chic and Dee both said it perfectly. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Old 01-25-2022, 06:41 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((PJ))) Please don't be so hard on yourself. As Dee said, you wouldn't say that to any of us, so why say it to yourself? You're as deserving of your compassion as any of us are. Be kind to yourself.
Old 01-25-2022, 08:43 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Magsie

Have we had this title? I was thinking of it with Ann in mind.

We’ll Whine Again. (We’ll meet again)
Old 01-25-2022, 08:54 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Magsie

PJ, you don’t need to make yourself suffer. You can hold your head up high and say

“ I’M PHOENIXJ AND PROUD OF IT….I KICKED ADDICTION IN THE PROVERBIAL A££ “
Old 01-25-2022, 08:55 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Magsie

I thought it was Thursday!
Old 01-25-2022, 09:17 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Not Thursday yet! I wish it was Thursday of next week tho so I'd have my check in the bank.

I should go to bed but am not sleepy, thanks to my long nap.

I like that idea of a title.
Old 01-25-2022, 09:27 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ine-again.html

D