Notices

Here before messed it all up...

Old 05-31-2006, 02:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~Mandie~

Red face Here before messed it all up...

I was here before and I was wd from opiates...Any and everyone you can name...I never wanted to go through the wd soo I just kept buying the pills...So a while back when I was going through wd I found my way here, but that wd didn't work. People called having pills and I was sooo sick of feeling sooo sick that I weant back to them...I could kill myself for that one!!.....Now I am trying all over again...prob the millionth time!!!! This time I was wise enough to know I couldn't do it alone. I am going through a detox program at home....Three days worth of Buprenorphine..Then cloadine and bacolfin for three day after the shots if needed. I wanted to be off drugs the first time I was here, but I should have known the wd was too much to take. I mean I had been in wd sooo many times and I could never deal with it before. Soo anyway to make a long story short I took first shot like 45 mins ago and I dont have the wd anymore... I just want to cry I am soo happy I am doing this!!! I have wanted it for forever....Now its time to face my life without the pills....
Old 05-31-2006, 03:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Withdrawals are very hard and I am still in the withdrawal period again. The thing about the withdrawals that I have noticed, much of it depends on our mind sets. If we are truly willing to work the program, then it works! If we have reservations then it doesn't work. I am now about 5 or 6 days off of crack/coke, and ICE. I am still withdrawing I am sure. I am not even really sure what to look for, but I know that in time all will be well unless I choose to pick up.

I know that they said there is medication to help you with the cravings. I have also noticed that if I don't feed the cravings then they won't stay around and I can usually work through them. Everything changes and so do we, the withdrawals I believe will only be as hard as we want or don't want them to be. Hope that you will be well and welcome.

Love Vic
Old 05-31-2006, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~Mandie~

Yes your right when your mindset is bad you feel alot worse then you actually are, but opiate wd is some tough stuff!!! I have never been through any other drug wd soo I don't know what they are like. I am have a great mind set this time around...of course meds are helping, but I needed that, bc I said before CT was just TOO HARD!! Thanks for responding...we all need to hang in there no matter what the poison.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good to see you, Mandie. You sound really committed and I am proud of you for doing this deal again. And you know what? You never, ever, ever have to do it again. You don't need to use ever again - even if you want to. Man, what a relief that was for me to know. And there have been bad days and hard days, but I don't have to pick up. It does get better!

Keep posting your progress. We're here with help and support, k?

Old 06-01-2006, 12:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~Mandie~

Yes Thats all I keep thinking is never again...I want to feel things as Mandie and not as the person I have become over these past 2 yrs. Thanks for all the kind words everyone....I know it is sooo hard for everyone!
Old 06-01-2006, 08:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mandie: I congratulate u on ur courage!!!! You go girl!!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~Mandie~

Thanks again to everyone....Day 2...and all going good!!! Thank God...!
Old 06-01-2006, 04:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep it up, Mandie. You can get through this and there is a better life waiting for you on the other side. Keep reaching out and posting, k? We're here for you!