Notices

We Refuse To Give Up!!! Dedicated by Vic To His Friend Denise

Old 05-20-2006, 07:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Wink We Refuse To Give Up!!! Dedicated by Vic To His Friend Denise

That is right! I refuse to give up trying to do this deal. I will not give up no matter how long it takes. I have done this deal before and I know that I can damn well do it again. I am going to fight this damn thing (disease) with all that I have and I know also with the help of SR and all of you good people that I too can have sobriety. I haven't used now for almost 24 hours. Don't sound like a lot but for me here lately it seems like an eternity.

I am going to need a lot of support here, and I am sure that I will get it also. NOPE NEVER GIVE UP!! Together we can do anything, so I am asking, begging, reaching OUT, HELP ME! I need to be accountable here, each day! I am going to do this deal, I have to, I need to, I want to.....

I know that I have not put forth my best effort here, and I am not going to give in to self today. I am going to work on changing a lot of things here. If anyone has any suggestions, then bring them on. I am going to go to a meeting here that is called a RELAPSE MEETING, that I helped to start years ago. I quit going to it, but I feel as if I need to be accountable for that meeting as well. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know where I am today. But more important is where WE are going. Thanks

Love Vic
Old 05-20-2006, 07:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

OK then, I like this Vic.

Let me know how the relapse meeting goes. PS - ever read "Getting Sober" by Gorski & Miller? The kids' rehab used it as a workbook for chronic relapsers. You can get it on Amazon, but it's been around forever, so you might find copies at the Goodwill, too.

(((Vic)))
Old 05-20-2006, 08:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's right Vic, you can't give up, you just can't.

Move forward today and take care of yourself.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Thanks Big Sis and Anna!!! Yep that is what I am doing is moving forward...and I am not turning back...NOPE I refuse to give up. I was thinking (of course that isn't my best thing) that would be a hell of a bus! The "I REFUSE TO GIVE UP BUS" ....OK enough of that I think we have enough anyway.. I do however think that I might as well try to keep this going. Maybe I should just get out of the way and let God take over......

Vic
Old 05-20-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good plan...Action!

Old 05-20-2006, 08:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

[Vic]. Great big hug.

You've likely heard it before: we only stop drinking(using) when we're about to lose something we value more than the booze(drug).

Are you there?

For me it was self-esteem, my opinion of myself as progressive. My last drink was from a communion chalice.

I'm keeping this short on purpose. Repetition isn't always helpful.

I've been sober over 17 years. Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by hector
[Vic]. Great big hug. You've likely heard it before:
we only stop drinking(using) when we're about to lose something we value more than the booze(drug). Are you there?
I've been sober over 17 years. Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.
Actually I have never heard that before, but it does make logical sense. Yes I am there Hector, I have lost all the values that used to mean so much to me! The values that I have taught my children, the values that I would live by come hell or high water and the most important one was I used to say, "No matter how much it hurts, always tell the truth! Be completely honest in all situations." I haven't been living by that! My addiction has made me a liar, thief, cheat. I am NOT going to end up living that way ANYMORE!

I used to be someone that anyone would count on my WORD and lately my word doesn't mean sh!t! Well, I don't give a damn, I am going to be that person again that MY WORD means what I say. I know that I can do it and yes it probably is like YOU the self-worth. I know that I can do it, I AM GOING TO DO IT> Thanks for your support, I really need all the help that I can get here.

Vic
Old 05-20-2006, 09:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by CarolD
Good plan...Action!

Thanks Carol for your support also. Yes it is ACTION that must be acquired and I am in to that NOW!

Vic
Old 05-20-2006, 09:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hector
You've likely heard it before: we only stop drinking(using) when we're about to lose something we value more than the booze(drug). Are you there?
Victor, Good to see you here again.
I was just tending gardens and felt compelled to break (it wasn't just because it started raining either...I don't melt in the rain.) Sitting down here at the computer I noticed a new pen had landed here on this desk (I did not put it there!) with words scribed on the cap. They read:

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep in order to gain what he cannot lose.

Stunned. I've spent this day again (as always) debating which way to go. The relentless ongoing battle of mind. Calling up SR to find this SAME CONCEPT posted by Hector...just phrased differently...drives home the point.
We are being led, instructed and care-fully directed, through words and ideas and kind caring persuasive guidance resounding across the wavelengths, to take the only real option we have...if we are to survive, if we are to ever know peace. Why continue to struggle and fight against it. Let go of the addiction so to be free to live.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Traveling With Us In Recovery

Hi, Im Sharon and Im an Alcoholic.

Thanks for sharing Vic.

There are all kinds of reasons why people have come into AA. Me was thru family intervention after alcohol stopped working for me. In the late stages of my disease the progression was very rapid. Altho, i couldnt see it at the time, i look back at my actions and behavior to tell the story. I use to go to a local club to listen to music...that was my excuse.....Really it was to escape my lonely at home mom syndrome. I wanted to have fun and i wanted to be around people that drank like I did. Id go when i had the kids settled at night and stay sometimes till the club closed. Hmmmmm....Doesnt sound very good for a mom to do. Then i would drive home in a numb state, racing people on the road or driving up the road the wrong way....Its a wonder I didnt kill someone.

However in Feb 90, i almost killed myself by running of the road hitting a concrete culvert sitting on top the ground. That sent me to the hospital for 10 with them removing my spleen are else i would have bled to death.

Then after healing quite well, in Aug 90 i was right back at the bar doing the same thing. I came home numb again followed by a horrible arguement and it was there i hit my bottom. Out of desperation i down a hand full of pills and off to bed i went.....I told my husband that i was tired and maybe i just art to kill myself....well he thought i was bluffing and told me to just go to bed....

Wrong....I'll fix u i told myself....Anyway....the next morning i heard a faint ringing of the phone which allowed me to move to answer it. Even tho it was my mother in Law....i still think of it today as my Higher Power calling me to get up and that he wasnt thru with me yet.

The next steps that were taken was my family doing for me what i couldnt do for myself. They did a family intervention on me. The police car came to take me away to rehab for 28 days. There i recieved the tools of recovery to help me and guide me on a day by day bases to stay sober.

Today, i continue on my journey sharing my own experiences, strengths and hope with others that was so freely share with me over the yrs. It's that continous cycle of sharing, belief, fellowship, caring, understanding, and guidance that keeps me sober today.

Remember from the very beginning, the DESIRE to stay sober. Remembering to stay sober for myself and no one else. Remembering the tools of recovery...the 12 Steps to follow. Remembering the suggestions given by those sober before me. Remembering to take it one day at a time.

Learning humility...by getting of my high horse and walking not in front of u or behind u, but along side u as we all travel along the same road of recovery learning how to be Happy, joyous and Free.

Thanks for letting me share.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

((((((Vic)))))))
Old 05-20-2006, 09:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by luckyv2
I am going to need a lot of support here, and I am sure that I will get it also. NOPE NEVER GIVE UP!! Together we can do anything, Amen Vic so I am asking, begging, reaching OUT, HELP ME! I need to be accountable here, each day! I am going to do this deal, I have to, I need to, I want to.....
That's the spirit Vic......soooo happy you're ok.

Hugs, walking along side of you........Denise
Old 05-20-2006, 10:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by wingsfree
That's the spirit Vic......soooo happy you're ok.

Hugs, walking along side of you........Denise
(((((((((((((((((Denise))))))))))))))))))))

I am so glad to see ya that is for sure! Now you need to email me so I have your email address again...That goes for everyone since I have a new computer. NOW DENISE...you better get that butt of yours on the DQ...We have all been missing you that is for sure...Oh yeah for old time sake
Denise :slap: Vic

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep in order to gain what he cannot lose.
The SPIRITS DO WORK IN A mysterious way sometimes don't they. Yep it is time to surrender, completely to my maker!

(((((Sharon)))))

THANK YOU!! Your words bring encouragement on this side of the cyber, knowing that I too can walk beside you and countless others. Reaching, grabbing a hold of each others hands.

Laura so glad that your around. I hope that all is going well with you!

OK NOT GIVING UP HERE....getting some cleaning done really I wish I had a maid
Old 05-20-2006, 10:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Paused

Fight with everything you've got Vic!
Old 05-20-2006, 10:36 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by 2dayzmuse
Fight with everything you've got Vic!
Yes I am going to fight with EVERYTHING THAT I'VE GOT. I am so sick of giving in to this sh!t. Becoming someone that I am so ashamed of. I refuse to GIVE UP!, and most of all I REFUSE to be the person that I HAVE BECOME. IT is time for a change and that change is starting NOW. Thanks for your support also, YOU do have something that I want (seriously)!

Vic
Old 05-20-2006, 10:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

(((((((((Vic)))))))))

I knew you had it in you...you're too special to give up.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by abtchonamission
(((((((((Vic)))))))))

I knew you had it in you...you're too special to give up.
Thanks for the support..I KNOW that with all of your support that WE CAN NOT FAIL! I know it isn't going to be easy, but I also know that it is DOABLE!

Vic
Old 05-20-2006, 11:23 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Best of luck, Vic!
Old 05-20-2006, 11:47 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by BSPGirl
Best of luck, Vic!
Thanks BSPGirl! I do appreciate all of the support that I am getting here. SR (this community) has always been very special for that yes! OH BTW YOUR avitar reminds me of this one that Denise made for me
Attached Images
File Type: gif
vic19ug.gif (10.6 KB, 397 views)
Old 05-20-2006, 11:57 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Vic,

Time is short, but just wanted to add my voice to those that are happy you are still in the fight!!! I'm on my latest day 6 here, but it's six days I didn't give in.

I wish you a happy and successful weekend, I hope your weather is a great as ours has been, get out and do something! Have a friend drive you 10 mi from town, and leave you, that will insure you a good nights rest...lol.

Keep us posted, and 'cmon, keep it simple, lets look for more good days than bad to start with.

Take care!

Steve