Notices

really need help anyone there

Old 11-01-2001, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thao

Post really need help anyone there

I am deep into a crack addition and need to talk.

Old 11-02-2001, 03:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thao, welcome to the recovery forum. You want to talk, come on let's kick it. I recovering from drug addiction and celebrating a few years. I may be able to give you some direction and you let me know what's going on.
Old 11-09-2001, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Lightbulb

hay,
stop right now what ever your doing and go to the phone book and find cocain ann. in your area, and then you make the next n/a meeting and no more crack!!! your handing your self a death sentance, and you are worth more then that by far kid i had a man hooked on that **** and hes dead now, brain dead he cant even go to the bathroom without help it eats your cells faster then anything,
please you sound like you in so much pain and need help you can email personally if you like but you really need help right now,
and crack kills not just you but everyone aound you as well, good luck and stay clean just one day at a time, god bless you
"one day at a time" just for today im sober/ clean.

------------------
Amazonjudy
Old 11-09-2001, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Talk away friend...and welcome home. Stay awhile, it's safe and warm here.

------------------
Be well, and have a great 24...
Old 12-04-2001, 10:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Truly Blessed

Please start talking, and don't stop until you get tired. I am a recovering Crack Addict, now for 12 yrs, and I am here to tell you, you are not alone. This thing called Recovery is the best thing going, but you have to want it. You muct admitt complete defeat in all areas of your life, and allow others to help you and love you until you are able to do these things for your self. You have already accomplised the hardest part of Recovery Process. You admitted that you have a drug problem. so now let's get to work so that you can begin to see and feel that wonderful change that recovery brings about in us. Yesterday you were an addict that used...But Today you are a Recovering addict learning to live life on life's terms one day at a time.
JUST FOR TODAY I AM CLEAN AND LOVING IT

Old 12-17-2001, 09:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
mothers heart

HI,Friends. This is my first time here.
I joined tonight, or rather this very early morning, EST, because I just tonight found out that my 22 year old son is not only using drugs but also selling his Rx drugs for ADD.
i am thinking of what my next step must be, to intervene in this cycle and help my son face facts... and how to go about that goal in the way that will most effectively help my son want to get sober, and then actually do it.
I come from a long line of alcoholics, and I know my son has genetic tendencies for the disease, and he is also an impulsive person, has little control in saying no to himself, and he is in a bad spot in his life in general right now. My son has used pot and binge drank many times, and my husband and I have tried to put a stop to it...and for a time, it worked. Apparently, that time is over, as he has boasted to his brothers and sister about using, about his binge drinking, about selling his Rx to other kids, exchanging drugs for recreational use, and the like.
I am frightened for his life, and out of my mind with worry and sadness.my heart is broken, and , having been down this road before with other family members, I know that this is only the beginning of broken-heartedness for me, and for my family.
any advice is well appreciated.
My thanks to all of you, for being here....

------------------
mothers heart

Old 12-18-2001, 03:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
GTW

Thao,
Crack addiction is the Devils tool of choice for destroying lives. As I look back over my years of using I can see that everybody I know who smoked crack went one of several ways.
1. There dead
2. There in prison
3. By the grace of god they found the strength to recover and they went on with
a"New" Life.
When I first sought help for my addiction I did not want to believe that those were my only options. I've waisted a couple of years trying to prove that theory wrong. Talk about it, there are people here who can help you !

Old 12-18-2001, 08:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

You made a big step in the right direction...
You reached out for help.

For me, I did not know the first thing about how to get help... (We didn't have computers)
It took jail for me to find out...

Once people started giving me information, I took the next step and followed through.. I came to a point where I really wanted help. I listened to the suggestions from the people who wanted to help me... Didn't get it right, right off the jump, but I kept coming back. Today life is good, by the Grace of God..

Already you have made a good contact with P. Johnson. I'll try too. So let's talk...

------------------
May God Bless you as your journey continues...Roven Rev.