View Single Post
Old 12-17-2001, 09:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
mothers heart

HI,Friends. This is my first time here.
I joined tonight, or rather this very early morning, EST, because I just tonight found out that my 22 year old son is not only using drugs but also selling his Rx drugs for ADD.
i am thinking of what my next step must be, to intervene in this cycle and help my son face facts... and how to go about that goal in the way that will most effectively help my son want to get sober, and then actually do it.
I come from a long line of alcoholics, and I know my son has genetic tendencies for the disease, and he is also an impulsive person, has little control in saying no to himself, and he is in a bad spot in his life in general right now. My son has used pot and binge drank many times, and my husband and I have tried to put a stop to it...and for a time, it worked. Apparently, that time is over, as he has boasted to his brothers and sister about using, about his binge drinking, about selling his Rx to other kids, exchanging drugs for recreational use, and the like.
I am frightened for his life, and out of my mind with worry and sadness.my heart is broken, and , having been down this road before with other family members, I know that this is only the beginning of broken-heartedness for me, and for my family.
any advice is well appreciated.
My thanks to all of you, for being here....

------------------
mothers heart