Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Marijuana Addiction...and I am Leaving Sober Recovery

Notices

Marijuana Addiction...and I am Leaving Sober Recovery

Old 06-13-2005, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Recovering from 10 yrs of Weed

Unhappy Marijuana Addiction...and I am Leaving Sober Recovery

Hey everyone !!

Little over a month ago ..I came on here to help me with my Marijuana Addiction. This board has been so great and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone. You all are so special.

It seems that there aren't that many people here with just a marijuana addiction like me...and I know some people need the help because most people think weed is not that dangerous or addictive. But it can screw up your life.

I just hope that there are those who have been following my posts will continue to work on their recovery from pot.

I am moving to a place where there is no internet. Only satellite internet..and when I can afford that..I will be back...

So, once again thanks everyone...you also helped me get away from an alcoholic father in law...seeing how many people who live with alcoholics and try and put up with it...i just think..why don't they just LEAVE....and we are leaving...but it is really hard. We are missing out on an opportunity to have a career with him. He is a business owner. And we will probably be ruining his chance of keeping his business. But I have to think of my family. And being around his unstable lifestyle is not good for us.

Ok...sorry about that tangent

I will miss you all......:nose

Take care and stay sober. It really does feel good to be out from under that dark cloud.

Last edited by ToriGirl; 06-13-2005 at 09:12 PM. Reason: mispelled
Old 06-13-2005, 09:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Stay strong and healthy.
Will look foreward to seeing you return.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No expectations!

ToriGirl,
We got off to a rocky start (lol), but I am going to MISS you and I hope you make it back very soon! Thank you for sharing with us!

Much love and many hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-13-2005, 10:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hi Tori, well that is really to bad that you have to leave SR. I DO hope you continue with some type of support. You know how easy it is to "go back" without support. I have found that I really need SR, and SR NEEDS ALL of us as well. We help others through speaking of our struggles, and accomplishments.
My son has a BIG POT addiction. Hurts me SO much to see him struggle, especially since I don't think he really realizes just how much he is messing up his future. I pray someday that he will find his way. It is so hard to watch your child go through addiction, especially when I am an addict myself, and know all he is setting himself up for unless he gets help. POT is a very big problem for people. Just as big of an addiction as anything else to the person who is addicted to it. I really commend you for staying here and helping the people that do come through with pot addictions, because there are so few that do. There are far TO MANY people that are addicted to it that consider it a terrrible addiction. I really also believe far to many people still have the perception of a drug addict or an alcohlic as someone who is living on the streets and pushing a shopping cart with all their belongings in it, and most of those people I imagine do not have just a pot addiction, they have far more problems than pot, like mental illness I think often along with addictions, or whatever, but my point here is I think pot is just not considered to be something that can take a person down SO low, like alcohol or other drugs. I believe that is why pot seems to be something that people don't percieve pot as an addiciton they need to get help for. BUT WE KNOW DIFFERENTLY, don't we.... So, I believe people like you are VERY important to SR to show that, yes it is a terrible addiction that can lead you the same place as any other drug/alcohol.
Well I hope you got al of that. Bottom line, you are an important person, a valued person like everyone else here at SR We will miss you.

I'd rather not say GOODBYE, but instead, TALK TO YOU LATER!!! You hang in there, and get back here as soon as you can. Be well, LOVE BECKY
Old 06-14-2005, 03:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Tori)))
I look forward to your return.
You've got to do what is best for your health and happiness.
Good luck...
Shalom!
Old 06-14-2005, 05:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Hey, Tori, I'll miss ya!! There are more of us pot heads here than you think!! Myself, I was supprised how many there were, I always kinda felt like the only one, but that is obviously not true. Of course compared to the other drugs, our numbers are small, but I think that is because pot easily tricks you into thinking you don't really have a problem, so you don't seek help. I wish you luck on your adventures and your sobriety.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Greetings Tori,

Since pot is the most widely used illegal drug. It seems to me it probably has more addicted people than any other. Pot just softly addicts you in a way that is not noticed, by yourself or others.

Most people can function, hold a job, raise a family, not spend extreme amounts of money. After you have smoked a while others would have difficulty noticing you are using unless they smell it.

I would never had realized or admitted that I had a problem with pot. I was searching google for info on quitting cigarettes and found SR. I thought I would do a little reading about drug addictions and alcoholism. What a eye opener that was! Reading your own life story written, and lived by others was shocking to me to say the least.

It did however cause me to think about my own life in ways that I never had before. I have had issues with just about any kind of drug or alcohol you can name. I could quit any of the "hard drugs" and just smoke weed and drink tequila.

I had an eight year addiction to vicodin and soma after a accident. I also snorted large amounts of cocaine for about 2 years. It has been said cocaine is gods way of telling you that you make too much money. How true those words are! Cocaine got me into IRS troubles (I am self employed) that I am still trying to take care of. I have had more difficulty laying down pot then any other drug or the liquor.

But just smoking pot was nothing. I had smoked pot for 37 years, daily for over 30 years. I believe if I had never smoked weed I wouldn’t have tried the other drugs. I also think if I hadn’t drank liquor I would have never smoked pot.

How did we get liquor at age 10-11, simple, we followed the high school kids at the Friday night football game. They would leave the game and walk out into the field/woods behind the stadium to their stash and drink a few. Then when they went back to the game we would "score". We learned this behavior from others that had done it before we came along.

Out of my graduating class of 160, eighteen fellow classmates have died doing drugs and alcohol. Over 10% of my class. I knew everyone of them. We all started smoking pot and drinking the same summer. We were the "cool party crowd".

In my opinion, pot does make it easier to try other drugs. Hey if pot is this good, lets try some others.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Tori)))
Old 06-14-2005, 08:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

(((Tori)))
I look forward to your return
Like mentioned above...when you get to where you're going, find support.
Stay strong, safe and smilin'
you're in my thoughts and prayers
not good-bye but so long for now.
peace, luv and hugs, Wendy
Old 06-14-2005, 09:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Bob,
Thanks for sharing, too!

Love and hugs,
Eddie
Old 06-14-2005, 02:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Take good care of you! Being able to live life on life's terms is a huge accomplishment and I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Recovering from 10 yrs of Weed

Hey Everyone !!

I am back !

We made it to Eastern Washington..only to have my husband's aunt make it hell for us to live with his grandparents. She was telling us we would be a burden on them. She is a mean nasty person who just wanted to stay in the guest house we would be staying in.

Anyways...we had to leave there cause we so desperatly want to be happy and be away from stupid negative people like that.

So we took just a few things and moved over to western Washington...to live with my dad...he is super cool and is moving out of his condo..and we will probably rent this from him...so everything worked out...I even got a job $16/hr..I started last wednesday.

But being back in Washington...reminds me of smoking weed. It's weird to be back and not smoking it. I would have never quit if didn't move to new mexico...so I guess that going there was good for that reason.

My brother quit heroin and got a sponsor...he said he could not sponsor him unless he quit everything..even weed...so he hasn't been smoking weed..or growing it...he was my connection so I couldn't go to him if I wanted to. So I have that and my family behind me to keep me strong when will power fails. It has been two months now..and I guess after 6 months it is entirely out of your system..hair and all. So I will be happy when I reach that mark.

Thanks to everyone for all your support...

Michski
Eddie
wantneeda
KelKel
PlanoTexican
Tyler
Historyteach

Angelgirl

and, Best
Old 07-03-2005, 01:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Good to have you back ToriGirl. $16/hr job huh?!! Maybe I need to move to Washington State!!!!
Old 07-03-2005, 01:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
No expectations!

Yea, welcome back!!! I'm so glad things seem to be falling into place for you!!

Love and s,
Eddie
Old 07-03-2005, 02:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Support our Troops.

Greetings ToriGirl,

Glad to see you back at SR. Great news on the job. Better news on your brother finding help. Stay clean/sober and enjoy life to the fullest.

Last edited by PlanoTexican; 07-03-2005 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-04-2005, 02:03 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

well, that didn't take long to sort itself out. welcome back and keep on recovering. Looks like maybe God is putting the right people and places in your life. supercooll!
Old 07-04-2005, 04:17 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're back ToriGirl... just the other day i was thinking about you and hoping you were still sober and doing okay.