Old 06-14-2005, 07:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
PlanoTexican
Support our Troops.

Greetings Tori,

Since pot is the most widely used illegal drug. It seems to me it probably has more addicted people than any other. Pot just softly addicts you in a way that is not noticed, by yourself or others.

Most people can function, hold a job, raise a family, not spend extreme amounts of money. After you have smoked a while others would have difficulty noticing you are using unless they smell it.

I would never had realized or admitted that I had a problem with pot. I was searching google for info on quitting cigarettes and found SR. I thought I would do a little reading about drug addictions and alcoholism. What a eye opener that was! Reading your own life story written, and lived by others was shocking to me to say the least.

It did however cause me to think about my own life in ways that I never had before. I have had issues with just about any kind of drug or alcohol you can name. I could quit any of the "hard drugs" and just smoke weed and drink tequila.

I had an eight year addiction to vicodin and soma after a accident. I also snorted large amounts of cocaine for about 2 years. It has been said cocaine is gods way of telling you that you make too much money. How true those words are! Cocaine got me into IRS troubles (I am self employed) that I am still trying to take care of. I have had more difficulty laying down pot then any other drug or the liquor.

But just smoking pot was nothing. I had smoked pot for 37 years, daily for over 30 years. I believe if I had never smoked weed I wouldn’t have tried the other drugs. I also think if I hadn’t drank liquor I would have never smoked pot.

How did we get liquor at age 10-11, simple, we followed the high school kids at the Friday night football game. They would leave the game and walk out into the field/woods behind the stadium to their stash and drink a few. Then when they went back to the game we would "score". We learned this behavior from others that had done it before we came along.

Out of my graduating class of 160, eighteen fellow classmates have died doing drugs and alcohol. Over 10% of my class. I knew everyone of them. We all started smoking pot and drinking the same summer. We were the "cool party crowd".

In my opinion, pot does make it easier to try other drugs. Hey if pot is this good, lets try some others.