Notices

Remember to keep it simple!!!

Old 05-20-2005, 07:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Remember to keep it simple!!!

I know the grass beyond the door, the sweet keen smell.
--Dante Gabriel Rossetti

There is a tale about a king who wanted only the wisest man to be his prime minister. When the search narrowed down to three men, he put them to a test. He placed them in a room and installed an impressive lock on the door. Whoever was able to leave the room would be prime minister.

Two began to work out complicated schemes to get out. The third sat and thought. Finally, the third man walked to the door and turned the handle. The door had been unlocked all the time.

Sometimes we complicate a simple program and don't trust that recovery is there for us. The door of recovery is unlocked, and all we have to do is turn the handle to enter into a new and joyous life.

Today let me be willing to open the door.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

This was in my email this morning. It is a really good one that described me perfectly. Thanks for posting I needed to read it again!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

your welcome!!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
old enough to know BETTER!!!!!

Originally Posted by wantneeda
I know the grass beyond the door, the sweet keen smell.
--Dante Gabriel Rossetti

There is a tale about a king who wanted only the wisest man to be his prime minister. When the search narrowed down to three men, he put them to a test. He placed them in a room and installed an impressive lock on the door. Whoever was able to leave the room would be prime minister.

Two began to work out complicated schemes to get out. The third sat and thought. Finally, the third man walked to the door and turned the handle. The door had been unlocked all the time.

Sometimes we complicate a simple program and don't trust that recovery is there for us. The door of recovery is unlocked, and all we have to do is turn the handle to enter into a new and joyous life.

Today let me be willing to open the door.
That was beautiful and it echoes something I just posted this morning. We do tend to complicate our lives in so many ways, which then causes to MISS the simple beauty in things around us ..... which can be the most rewarding!

Here it is:

What I've missed since being an addict!
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
In reading something very moving and inspirational this morning, written by one of our members, although very beautiful, also very simple in nature! I then realized that this is what I miss most! When one is under the spell of Alcohol/drugs or both+, we seem to be blind to what's around us ..... the SIMPLE BEAUTY of life.

I know this sounds deep, but I thought someone could benefit from what I just experienced. I just hope the feeling stays and is stronger than my temptations!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!
M

Come Play With Me
I invite the newness of this moment
Into my heart.
The rush of the wind,
The falling of rain drops,
The bursting of sunlight.
I embrace this energy of life

Come play with me.
Let us dance in the glory of God's love.
And sing a song of joy to the world.
Happiness floats on the wind.
Waiting to be breathed and celebrated.

Oh spirit of life that makes gardens grow and birds sing.
Come play with me and let my soul take flight.
Like sunlight we will create dancing stars on the water.
We will laugh with the leaves and turn our back to the wind.
We will become crystals and wrap rainbows around all people,
Filling their hearts with joy.

Come play with me.
We shall water the flowers of souls.
And delight in the beauty of their blossoms.
It is my choice to live in paradise,
To play, to laugh, to love,
To celebrate life,
To embrace each moment with the fullness of my heart.

<!-- / message -->
<!-- / message -->
Old 05-20-2005, 09:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good thing to read and think about!!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

wow, that's beautiful!
thanks for sharing it!!
Old 05-20-2005, 10:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

findingme that is really beautiful. We miss so much in active addiction!
Old 05-20-2005, 10:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ACTUALLY, we miss *EVERYTHING!* We miss LIVING[U] .... not just existing in a drunken or drug-induced stupor ..... that's NOT real .... we think it is at the time, but in the morning, as we all know ..... things are the same!

Let's LIVE .... wanna go play????? lol!
Old 05-20-2005, 10:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

last one to the park has to push on the swings!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 11:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

K ... but I get first dibs on the TIRE swing!

LOL!

God, brings back memories .... actually of when my girls were little! I miss that so!

PS: And bring your own pail and shovel for the sand box! LMAO!
Old 05-20-2005, 11:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

lol....when i was in treatment i went to the park...for myself...first time in years...swings slide....i loved every minute of it!!! I make it a regular thing now...my mini me comes a knockin every once in a while..."Wendy...come out and play!"
Sunshine, swings, and rainbows. Smilin' all the while!!

K you get the tire swing first...me second...i call shotgun on the slide!!

Maybe we should bring a picnic too!!!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

hey!! I wanna play too.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT, um, gee, uh, .......

Which two of us get to ride the see-saw if there's 3 of us!?

This is tooooooo funny! SILLY, but funny! Don't know 'bout you guys, but I haven't done anything in a while that was silly, funny or FUN ..... without well, you know ..... chug a lug !

So, this really made me smile and laugh!!!!!

So, who's the craziest here?!
Old 05-20-2005, 11:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Lets see....Crazy??? i don't know...insane? yuppers...but climbin' my way back to sanity...with a little help from my friends soooo...i'll ride the elephant while you's are on the see saw :elephant
Hey!!!! we can all go on the merry go round!!! i brought my pail and shovel!!!!! :e02b hee hee are we havin' fun yet??? Weeeeeee
Old 05-21-2005, 08:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Merry-go-round ..... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .... NO THANKS .... anything that goes in circles will make me puke ..... and you know what that will remind me of ..... LMAO!

Good thing we can poke fun at ourselves, ey?????????

Actually, you know, sitting at a park watching the beautiful innosence of children as they explore their world sounds like a great idea for the day ..... I just might do that!

Toodles for now!

Maria
Old 05-21-2005, 10:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

LOL,,,ya you're right we'll skip the merry go round. How bout the monkey bars??
I never went to the park with my girls when i was using, just sent them there alot...
I went with my youngest daughter yesterday
I'm still a kid at heart...actually i'm only 346 days old!!! Whiney , cryin' little temper tantrumed baby...well, thats getting better every day but to have the wonder and heartfelt belief in life like a child is coming back!And to actually swing with, slide with my girls is a gift!!!
Hope your day is full of heartsmiles!!

luv and \\//, Wendy
Old 05-21-2005, 10:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well, Wendy ..... it must be very difficult to face that and admit your faults, but just remember *THAT* was not the *REAL* you! It was the you that was infected with this awful disease called *addiction!* It had a HOLD on you that you just couldn't control. I'm sure you tried your hardest to beat it, but the drug was stronger than you were. I'd like to say to try to forget the past and focus on the here and now; but that's easy to say and hard to actually do! I know ..... I'm there.

For me, I can honestly say that I was the world's greatest mom when my girls were little. It was the HAPPIEST time of my life. I almost wish I were back there now! I did EVERYTHING with/for them. I was a stay-at-home mom then .... and I work from home so that I can still be here for them NOW! BUT, their opinion of me is not what it used to be, and for that I am so ashamed!

I only started screwing up three years ago; which believe it or not, was the worst time. Kids in their teens are so vulnerable and they are able to understand and see what's happening around them. I don't wish that I was LIKE THIS when they were younger ..... I wish I NEVER was ..... but, truth is it would have been a lot easier and less painful on THEM!

I'm glad you went with your youngest yesterday! Isn't it wonderful to enjoy life with your little blessing without using/drinking? I'm sure you saw the park in a different light!

I'm glad your temper tantrums are getting better and that you're seeing the wonder in life that you experienced as a child! I also almost wished I had NEVER grown up!

Enjoy this time with your girls ..... sounds as if they are young! Time changes EVERYTHING! Although there are wonderful things that happen as they grow; but their need for *YOU* isn't as powerful and sometimes I feel saddened about that! Especially my 18 year old. Ya know ..... a boyfriend, driving, etc. ..... no time for mama! Sniff sniff, sob sob! They are terrific girls and have turned out unbelievably considering the last few years have been so turbulent and confusing to them!

Not quite a year old, ey?????????? Just think what you have to look forward to toots!!!!! Can I come to your 1st B'day party! Will you have cake, ice cream, silly hats, and blowers?

Thanks for your responses ...... it has brought the wonderment of childhood back to me and it's truly amazing! Let's stay this way!

Keep the image and the happiness felt yesterday while enjoying the park with your girls with you ..... and that should get you through many a day!

I wish you a peaceful, fun-filled, happy, and EXCITING day!

Much love,
Maria

PS: We have geese at my park ..... wanna go feed them bread ..... then RUN like hell when they come in groves and attack????????????? LMAO!
Old 05-21-2005, 11:13 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

It's hotter than you know what here...I think I will get out the sprinkler and play in the water with the kids, since the pool isn't ready yet. Ya'll have fun at the park but save me a swing!
Old 05-21-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Hi Maria...you've put a smile on my face today!!
My girls are 11 and 16. I drank and used through most of their growing up, my bottom really lasted the lat4 years. They moved to their dads and i gave up everything. Lost everything but my life. Lived pretty much on the streets for those 4 years. I made it out of that hell alive! Gratitude? You betcha, in the grandest sense!!!
On december 5th my oldest moved back in with me, we have an apartment, a place to call home!! Today i call it my happy place!! That in itself is a miracle, i never liked staying home, i prefered the bars, crack houses.....
My youngest still lives with her dad, i guess he wants to take me to court now for child support for those years they lived with him....
My daughters and i are growing closer everyday! Gifts from God. I missed alot. Sometimes that shame and guilt overwhelmes me. I'm trying today to forgive myself, i can not change the past, only try to make RIGHT choices today that i can live with tomorrow. Every day is a gift.
You're absolutely invited to my first birthday!!! Party, party, party with all the trimmings!!
Ohhh, i love the geese!!1 We have a park here called Wascana Park, the geese are amazing there!!
I'm right with ya!! Got my runners on!!!
\\// and luv Wendy
Old 05-21-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by na4today
It's hotter than you know what here...I think I will get out the sprinkler and play in the water with the kids, since the pool isn't ready yet. Ya'll have fun at the park but save me a swing!
OH YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE .....

WATER BALLOON FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!