need help!

Old 04-24-2005, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
az girl

need help!

I am new to this board and need support

I am really trying to stay sober but yesterday I did it again and got stupidly drunk. I have ticked of my 21 year old son so bad about my drinking that I know it will be a very long time before he ever believes anything I ever say again. I have been hiding the bottles and lying to my family and I have to stop this behavior fast. I need help to get this under control. I want to be able to do this without checking myself into rehab...this board looks like a place where people support one another. Any suggestions or helpful advice will be really appreciated.
Thanks
Old 04-24-2005, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi AZ and welcome,
I know as a mom how we hurt when we hurt those around us because of our "little secret". It took me 20+ years to find a way out, I jumped in terrified but willing as I knew I just couldn't continue on and I was truly emotionally bankrupt. There is a great deal of support here, you keep coming back and visit our Alcoholism and AA forums and see if something peeks your interest in finding your solution to your way out. I promise sobriety is a good! *hugs*
Old 04-24-2005, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey AZ..

Warm welcome to Sober Recovery.

There's a saying in AA...

A man takes a drink.. the drink takes a drink.. the drink takes the man.

When we've lost our choice around a substance.. then we pretty much have no life. And the people that love us get to experience that right along with us.

I echo Chy about frequenting the AA forums.. and even maybe get to a face to face meeting if extra support is needed...

I add my hoorah to " sobriety is good..."
Old 04-24-2005, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Monica

Hello AZ Girl-
I can really relate to what your feeling I to have recently relapsed and I have caused alot of pain and heartack to my family. I now realize I have to do this for me!! Everytime I try to do it for someone else like my son or my parents it never kept me sober. Today I'm doing it for me because I want to be a good person. I'm here for you if you need to talk. Keep posting it really helps to get feedback.
Lang
Old 04-24-2005, 07:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Originally Posted by bikewench
When we've lost our choice around a substance.. then we pretty much have no life. And the people that love us get to experience that right along with us.
Man oh man that is so true!
Old 04-24-2005, 07:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

Red face

Hi-you are obviously feling guilty as you came here. NOW is the time to act on that. If you know you have a problem and your son is angry at you and does not believe or trust you....what does that SAY??? You need to keep coming here, you may hear or read something that will help you. I KNOW it is hard but try and go to an AA meeting....there are so many people there just like you....they have issues and they are scared but it is a start...you need to START somplace, I am glad you posted here.......Kahlia
Old 04-24-2005, 08:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi AZ...
Glad you are here, get comfy and explore the board here... there is alot of experience, stength and hope floating around this place... tools that help us on the road to recovery.
I was unable to stop drinking on my own and between this place and my support and involvment with AA, I am finally (after 10 yrs.) in a healthy place and grateful for each and every day that i am sober.
Remember that you are not alone...