# 1 (permalink)  

I Know I'm Wrong But It Works

I Have Been An Adictive Person All My Life,

First Sports
Second Work
Third Cocaine ( I Beat That)
My Mariage ( Perfect)
Alcohol ( I'm Losing)

I Dirnk Anywhere From From 12 To 18 Beers At A Time And Feel Like ****.

I Am Hurting( Not Phyical) My Kids And Wife And Me.

They Will Not Make Me Stop Because I Am A Over Producing Drunk.

I Also Come From A Alcaholic Father That I Thought Was Weak And Sick And Look It's Me

Where Do I Start.

Not Aa Ihave Looked Into It And Know God Is Not The Answer It Has To Be Me. Thats How I Did The Cocaine.

I'm Older And Weaker. I Just Just Have Enough Fight Left Is How I Feel.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Mikey!
Where do you start? By stopping. Don't excpect miracles over night, just expect it. You can do this if you want it bad enough and forgive the cliche but it starts with one day at a time. We're glad your here.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
knucklehead

mikey, first of all keep your mind open. secondly no one is going to make you stop. you got to stop for yourself. you can do it you quit the coke and that is like being addicted to booze. the only for sure way i have found that really works for me is to simply abstain. you can abstain a day at a time. it is not easy but it is simple. i recommend typing away here at sr it has been a great assistive device aiding my own recovery from being addicted to alcohol. good luck keep us posted you are not alone.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How I Was

Welcome to sober recovery There is no cure for alcoholism and drug addition two things will happen to me if I did not seek help 1.) I will continue to drink and drug 2.) I will die from alcohol and drug abuse. I am what AA calls a funtional alcoholic and addict I have my own business, wife, 3 children, house nice vehicle everything I wanted. But I lead a secret life of alcohol and drug abuse that i thought was not hurting the people around me. It took my wife serveing me physically hurting my youngest daughter on a motercyle, and getting divorce papers from my wife. That was my "flash of light" as the AA program says. I had been through recovery programs years ago, easy I told them what thay wanted and was out in 3 weeks, did not Attend AA was drink in 3 weeks time. I had to hit rock bottom to realize that I did not want to live like this. I am 170 days sober and have saved my marriage, but I was not concering in the begining about that I wanted to get sober. I had to get sober first then everything else through the grace of God worked out. I have been givin a gift from God I now share that with others in the AA program the answer is in those meeting rooms, and no where else I have fun in the meetings now we share How we were and How we are now. Yoy will know when it is your time to quite, but you need to do it for yourself and no one else, because when I go out in public the waitress does not care if I say no when she asks me if I want a alcoholic drink with my dinner, nor does it require an explantion as to why I said NO. That applies to my friends who drink and drug. oh they are gone; because they don't care that I am sober only that they need to be around people like themself. My point is I wish you good luck if you attempt recovery without AA, but few have acheived true peace and a good life without involvment in AA 1 hour a day is all is required, and a disire to stop to be a member. I spend years drinking I will spend a life time passing the gift and word of recovery.

good luck
Old 01-07-2005, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

2 Cents Worth You Come On In Asking For Advice. If Quittin Drinking Was Easy We'd All Be On A Joke Forum. Drinking Has Made Me And A Lot Of Better People Then Me Insane. My Life Revolves Around Aa. It's Brought Sanity Into My Insane Life. There Is Nothing To Make You Stop Drinking Unless You Want To Surrender To It. I Was Willing To Go With The Suggestions In Aa.
I Admitted I Was Powerless Over Alcohol. My Life Was Unmanagble. I Became Willing To Turn My Life Over To The Care Of God As I Understood Him.
Next I Cleaned House. Made Amends, Continued To Make Amends. I Keep On Working On My Defects. Continued To Pray To God To Have Him In My Life. Last But Not Least After Having Had A Spiritual Awakening This Is The Most Important Thing Getting To Be On A Spiritual Plane Knowing , That You Have God On Your Side And Knowing That He Has All Power. After This You Help Others. Beautiful Concept Do Unto Others As U Would Have Them Do Unto U.

We Live This Program. It's Who We Are What We've Become.
Listen, This Doesn't Ever Go Away. I Was Ataa Meeting Last Night. Guy Had Not Drank In Almost 25 Years Miserable Comes Into The Meeting Seeking A Reprieve From The Way He Was Feeling.

You Want What We Have Follow Our Suggestions. You Don't Want Waht We Have Y Do U Ask??

I Was In Such Pain I Humbled My Self To Do What Was Suggested. We All Have To Get Humble To Get Well

Chris