Its NOW WON ONE day at a time!

Old 01-07-2005, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Only by the Grace of God....

Its NOW WON ONE day at a time!

It is NOW, WON, ONE Day at a Time.
Grateful for today!

Hello All

Got out of 30 Day treatment facility a few days ago. Have 34 days today. It was the BEST experience of my life. It was like a 30 day time-out from life where I could STOP - LISTEN - LOOK - LEARN - SURRENDER - AND BEGIN TO LIVE.

I finally know who I am, and what I am. I AM A 100% FULL BLOWN ALCOHOLIC WITH EXTREME DRUG USING ISSUES, and today I am OK with that. I accept that. I can now be comfortable in the rooms of AA - Always.

I believe that I had a Spirtual Experience while I was there. I spent several hours a day thinking about, and meditating on " CAME TO BELIEVE...." from step 2. God moved in me, and removed the obsession.

One of my counselers used to be into some hard core stuff with 15 years in prison, 30 years of use, and some serious wreckage in the past. You would never of known this by the man that stood before me. He is now a SOLDIER OF GOD spreading the new of Alcoholics Anonymous. I am grateful that he is.

Anyway, Looking forward to sharing my experience, faith and hope with all of you guys.

As for the lead line.
Now - its always NOW.
Won - I've won if I've recognized that ONE day at a time is all it takes.

All I've got is Right Here and Right Now, because it's always Right Here and Right Now.

SO GRATEFUL to be back. I'm going home to the wife a kids tomorrow after spending a few days with my Dad, who will have 25 years on Feb. 2nd. We'll see what God has in store for me when I return home.

Sean M.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Sean I am glad you are finding your way out of addiction. Good luck to you
Old 01-07-2005, 10:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((Sean))))

I am SO happy for you and proud of you. That is awesome. Especially the spiritual experience... wow! Remember, we only have to change everything. lol

One day at a time. Here's to our sober 24 hours. Thanks for sharing that.

jojo
Old 01-07-2005, 10:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

It's Now Won

Everywhere You Go There You Are. Aa Becomes A Way Of Life For Many Of Us. Take The Tools You've Been Given, Know Your Triggers Get To A Meeting And Get You A Sponser. Drop Your Old Cruddy Buddies That You Party With.

I ComMend You For Admitting You Were Powerless Over Alcohol. This Is The Hardest Step. Hope To See You Making Many Posts

Good Luck

Chris

Last edited by CAPTAINZING2000; 01-07-2005 at 10:13 PM. Reason: SPELLING :)