Notices

Went back to my pacifier!

Old 06-17-2022, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went back to my pacifier!

Not much to say but the truth ! I decided to go back to my comfort place once again ! I hope I find my way back to being sober again 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old 06-17-2022, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Action and efforts better than hope, Quitorelse

Have you got a plan to stay sober...just winging it usually doesn't work out that well?
Think about the things that you feel drove you back to drinking...how else could you have dealt with them in a batter way?

D
Old 06-17-2022, 05:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

(((hugs)))
Old 06-17-2022, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
nez

I decided to go back to my comfort place once again !
If it is your comfort place, then why are trying to stop going there...maybe not so comfortable after all huh?

Old 06-17-2022, 05:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Quit. That bit of temporary numbness does nothing to help. Problems & challenges are meant to be faced with a clear head so we can find solutions. I hid from my emotions for so many years & it cost me. Hoping you choose to get back your sobriety - we know you can.
Old 06-17-2022, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Quit, I'm sorry to hear this. Are you ready for sobriety? I hope so.
Old 06-17-2022, 06:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Some of us take the long way home, but we get there eventually. Keep trying.
Old 06-17-2022, 08:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I understand that it feels comfortable... if not, why else would it be an addiction?

The problem is that this momentary, brief comfort comes at a terrible cost, a cost you probably don't want to keep paying.

The good news is that you can create other comfort zones, with action, care, and love for yourself. You can create comfort zones that don't cost so much emotional effort to inhabit.

Best wishes.
Old 06-18-2022, 03:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

There is a solution. I guess your username says it all so use that as inspiration to get sober. The only thing I can say is that there is a truly wonderful life available in sobriety and recovery.
Old 06-18-2022, 04:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry Quit but this can be just a error that you can fix and carry on. I to had many errors but kept trying until it stuck. Id ask you to do the same. If you are anything like i was i felt i left myself down and defeated by the AV anytime i gave into the voice. Give it the 2 fingers and get going again. Keep busy, walking or any hobby you can think of, i had to as the evenings were quite difficult it was my drinking after work to unwind time. All habits that got worse over the years. Just don't beat yourself up. Stay strong and get going again.
Old 06-18-2022, 05:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You CAN do this. I had been struggling and hit a few speed bumps and used it as an escape which only made me feel far worse and the issues were still there ( and exemplified by the alcohol) and there will always be issues I have to learn to deal with or negotiate. Situations that may seem intolerable or difficult are better dealt with a clear head rather than a foggy head with alcohol for me and I would assume for you as well. I am not trying to be rude or harsh. I have been working hard and keeping away from the poison and finding ways to work through life without it. Keep coming here, posting, reading. I wish you the very best.
Old 06-18-2022, 05:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Quit- Your "comfort place" is a cold, hard rock without a blanket. It's time to think very critically about what you think the benefits of drinking are. If it's the very brief numbing, well, that's just a distraction and can be achieved many other ways, a brisk walk, a good conversation, sitting right here and reading on SR until the desire goes away. Any other "benefits" are outright lies- because alcohol makes NOTHING better. It doesn't make life easier, it crushes us and makes us ineffective, unable to make a sound decision and it ruins our self-confidence and self-respect and motivation. So what we think is the answer to boredom, fear, insecurity actually causes all these things, we become anxiety-ridden, boring, repetitive creatures with lots of self-doubt. When you get to 27, 28 days of sobriety, it's time to add new things into your life- and they can be mundane but they are important. Water the garden, work on your fitness, just walking is fine, learn something new, but change up that old pattern of reaching for a drink. Nothing changes if nothing changes- not drinking by itself is enough in the early days- but then you have to do the work. In the past you have mentioned that you haven't tried IRL support- maybe that's something to think about now. SR works- but you really have to make the effort in a strong way. I had to change everything about my thinking, my routine, and it was hard to do. But it was not nearly as hard as waking up every day wondering if this would be the day my body would just give out, wondering what I said or did the night before or how I got home. Nothing is as bad as that. You can do this, I read through all your threads and you are so unhappy when you drink. So, do something different. Sounds so simple- and it isn't, but at the most rudimentary- that's really what it is. Do not drink. Don't worry about tomorrow. Just don't drink today. Come to SR, every day- post in your class and try and make one person feel better on the forum. Make this a priority. You can be a sober person, I know you can.

Good job coming back.
Old 06-18-2022, 08:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

How you doing Quit?
Old 06-20-2022, 03:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It doesn't sound like a comfort place to me.
Old 06-20-2022, 09:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thinking about you, Quit.
Old 06-20-2022, 09:25 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Quit, how are you?
Old 06-20-2022, 03:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Been there, done that Quit, more times than I want to think about. Hope you're doing OK.
Old 06-20-2022, 03:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Spit the dummy Quit. That's what we call pacifiers here.