Notices

Back to Day 1

Old 09-17-2018, 11:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to Day 1

I stopped going to meetings and lost my sobriety. I知 getting so exhausted. Running out of energy.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know all too well that feeling of exhaustion. I sympathise with you.
I do know also that there is room for the serial relapser on the other side, we CAN get to long term sobriety if we keep trying.
For me it took rehab to snap me out of daily, all-day drinking. Since leaving rehab I have had periodic relapses, getting more rare and lasting much less time. I am proud of that progress but not satisfied. I will only be satisfied when I am completely sober for a long, extended period of time and know that it is lasting. The more I keep trying the closer I get to that. That said, the more relapses I have the worse they get, even if short lived and rare. So it is best we put in every effort possible.

How about getting back to some meetings?
Old 09-18-2018, 12:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Change or add to your sobriety plan. Don't give up, try again.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Going to a meeting each day has to be my plan. With every relapse I知 losing more and more. I may have to start looking into rehabs.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I did have a few beers today because of the withdrawal. So technically my Day 1 starts today. I have a lot of catching up to do for work and must make it to a meeting today. All I have been doing is praying the entire day for God to help and and trying to turn it over.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you thought about getting a sponsor, or perhaps making a recovery action plan?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-plan.html

I think it's really important to cast your support net as wide as you can - takes a little effort for a while but it's worth it

D
Old 09-18-2018, 01:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I’m right there with you. Make an action plan! If you need some beers to quell withdrawal, just make sure someone else is there to regulate them. I messed up big time doing the tapering thing once. Making meetings is what keeps us sober for the most part
Old 09-18-2018, 02:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad you are back posting with us.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I need to find a sponsor ASAP. I only tapered yesterday. Today is now day 1.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I知 having a lot of depression and anxiety. I hope I can be ready for work on Wednesday.
Old 09-18-2018, 03:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Freedom. I知 sorry you池e in this stuck place.

You mentioned rehab - is there a way you壇 be willing to do whatever it takes and get into rehab NOW?
Old 09-18-2018, 04:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yes!
Old 09-18-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreedomCA View Post
Going to a meeting each day has to be my plan. With every relapse I知 losing more and more. I may have to start looking into rehabs.
If rehab is the best option, I say go for it. It might save your life.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
I know all too well that feeling of exhaustion. I sympathise with you.
I do know also that there is room for the serial relapser on the other side, we CAN get to long term sobriety if we keep trying.
For me it took rehab to snap me out of daily, all-day drinking. Since leaving rehab I have had periodic relapses, getting more rare and lasting much less time. I am proud of that progress but not satisfied. I will only be satisfied when I am completely sober for a long, extended period of time and know that it is lasting. The more I keep trying the closer I get to that. That said, the more relapses I have the worse they get, even if short lived and rare. So it is best we put in every effort possible.

How about getting back to some meetings?
Oh this...so well said and me too.

I will say. as a chronic relapser myself, this last stint in rehab I did was extremely helpful. I also credit the journey and progress I had made to the treatment center and SR for getting immediately back on the wagon after last weekend. That is typically not my style and I'll usually go at least a week to "get it out of my system".

I think the more we stay plugged into AA, recovery resources, pull what we learn from rehab, etc the more it will ruin our relapses and keep us on the straight and narrow.

Good luck and stay strong!
Old 09-18-2018, 10:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

So far hanging in there. My body has the chills and so I am just resting in bed.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It's horrible to be in this stuck and powerless place. I'm sure a lot of us know this cycle all too well. In withdrawal myself for probably the 20th time in a decade. Tried the tapering too a few times. It can lessen the withdrawal but is impossible to control. Take care of yourself. Try something different than you've tried before. The only times I've been able to rack up any amount of sober time, I had to start with 100% commitment. Getting and staying sober had to be the absolute top priority in my life.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:55 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

There are loads of us serial relapsers out there. It is a matter of picking up the pieces, figuring where you went wrong and trying again. Look after yourself and ask for more help if you need it. I certainly need it. Going it alone doesn't work for a lot of us xx
Old 09-18-2018, 11:10 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back.

Depression and anxiety are pretty much the norm as you stop drinking. It will take your body awhile to adjust, but likely the symptoms will lessen or disappear.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Right now I am just trying to focus on taking care of myself in order to get back on track.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Most of us have been there FCA, I know I have.

Part of the reason I think it is so hard for those of us who relapse over and over is that your mind tell you that you'll never get it straight. I would always end up saying, Might as well have one, you know you are going to...

But then I stopped, for good. So can you. Take care of yourself, get each day behind you.