Notices

Audible books?

Old 09-18-2018, 01:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I find books/podcasts that are tangentially related to sobriety to really help. Jordan Peterson was very helpful for me to get my head right. I find anything Jung related to be of use on a personal development level - Speaking of Jung podcast is great. James Hollis is also a Jungian writer whose thoughts and writings really served me well.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is our Book List, compiled by our members. Many of them are likely available as audible books:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ependence.html (Books on Recovery, Spirituality & Codependence)
Old 09-18-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I find books that aren’t specifically about recovery but self help books on overall success within yourself and life to be good. I don’t like to define myself by constantly flooding my mind with thoughts of not being a drinker. I just don’t drink now and know that I can never drink like a normal person. Many people don’t drink and that’s cool. I want to have a life besides that definition. (And believe me, I was a raging).

I think the King of all; “Think and Grow Rich” by N Hill to be a great start. It explains somewhere in the 12th to 15th chapter that the only reason he named it think and grow rich is because everyone thinks that money is the key to success in life. Which he fully explains that it is not about money but in attitude and thought process.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am reading This Naked Mind , but a fellow member mentioned that it is available as audio/podcast . Great book.