Notices

sitting here

Old 06-02-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sitting here

Sitting here with two black eyes, a major bump on my head and a lose, painful tooth. Don't know how I got it. I look better now than what I did a week ago, but I still keep drinking. Just nuts. Thinking I have a death wish. John
Old 06-02-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds familiar. I can't even count the number if times I've woken up with injuries. Drunken falls mainly. I usually joke that it was a great bar brawl but the sad fact is that I drank myself into a stupor and tripped or something.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Grab hold John, many have been where your at & have found a way without the alcohol. Thinking of you
Old 06-02-2018, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh John, I'm sorry.

I hope you decide to stop drinking.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Sorry to hear that you are hurting. Something has got to change, John. What are your plans? What is it going to take for you to realize that drinking is not the solution but, the problem? We are here to support you. Hope you feel better.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't work in the summer, so spend most of my time at the gym. But going there with two black eyes just doesn't sound like a good idea. Gotta wear sunglasses wherever I go. So I'm pretty much homebound until my eyes clear up. Anyway, no liquor in the house and have no plans on picking any up. John
Old 06-02-2018, 11:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sending you some love, John. I know you'll do what you must, & stop again. There's nothing in it for us anymore. Only misery lies at the bottom of that bottle.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can stop drinking.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Sorry to hear that you are hurting. Something has got to change, John. What are your plans? What is it going to take for you to realize that drinking is not the solution but, the problem? We are here to support you. Hope you feel better.
Not sure what my plans are moving forward. I think is there was a plan, I would of figured it out by now. Right now, my plan is to get well and start over. It will be a really long summer if I don't do something. John
Old 06-02-2018, 01:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Just take it ODAAT(One Day At A Time).
Sometimes I even have to take it hour by hour until the crazy cravings pass. I read and post here when I need my friends to get me thru and make me stronger. It really helps. You can PM me anytime. I will be there for you!♡CR
Old 06-02-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Vietnam Vet

Here's hoping you can heal up quick and begin your journey to a better life. Take care of your body as it's the only one you got. You can do this!
Old 06-02-2018, 01:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
Just take it ODAAT(One Day At A Time).
Sometimes I even have to take it hour by hour until the crazy cravings pass. I read and post here when I need my friends to get me thru and make me stronger. It really helps. You can PM me anytime. I will be there for you!♡CR
If I can manage to get through the next two or three days, I should be fine. Gotta make myself stay home and don't go anywhere. It really is one hour at a time right now. Just might PM you tomorrow if it's ok with you. John
Old 06-02-2018, 01:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Also gotta take advantage of SR. John
Old 06-02-2018, 02:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I've been down this road many times so I know what's coming, and it ain't pretty. Eventually I'll start drinking and driving, something I haven't done in a long time. My black eyes are nothing compared to what's in store for me if I don't quit. Also time to look into some volunteer job. Would give me something to help structure my time. Last time I looked was around Xmas and believe it or not, there was nothing. The ASPCA is a real long ways away (I live in a small country town). Not much going on where I live. John
Old 06-02-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

No matter what, John, we are here for you. Please keep posting and never ever give up.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your injuries John. My advice is to get to work with building a plan - one that results in you staying sober, not drink driving.

I believe you can do this

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

D
Old 06-02-2018, 04:24 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

This is what alcohol does. Consider this getting lucky, as next time will be substantially worse.
Help is everywhere, be sure to get it!
Old 06-02-2018, 04:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm sorry for your injuries John. My advice is to get to work with building a plan - one that results in you staying sober, not drink driving.

I believe you can do this

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

D
Well, my plan will have to be a little different than a lot of people here. I'm not going back to AA. I might try a meeting when I feel better, only cause I live in a different place and maybe it will be different, but I doubt it. As you know, I don't have any family or friends where I live so I can't rely on them for support or a reason to quit drinking. So I guess I'll have to get creative. Get out of my "box" and do something new. Will look into volunteering again. Looked into meals on wheels, but you gotta have a clean record, and I got a DUI many years ago. I know I need a plan and got the summer off to find one that works for me. Maybe make a list of things to try out. Really don't know where to begin. John
Old 06-02-2018, 08:48 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am really sorry to hear about your injuries, John, and sorry to hear that you are drinking, too.

Sobriety and RrvoveryRecovety offer an exponentially better way to live.

Go for it, John.
Old 06-02-2018, 10:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi John I hope you'll read the link - there's a lot more in it than 'go to AA'.

A lot of the things you mentioned above are things you're gonna do and thats great...I just thought now, like right now, would be a good time to really work out a decent plan.

Of course that's up to you.
Take care of yourself, ok?

D