Notices

2 days sober... again

Old 01-08-2018, 09:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy 2 days sober... again

Hey guys, 2 days sober here.. feeling extremely depressed and anxious, and scared ill always have this craving. I was at a "friends" house but would say more a house where people go and do meth/coke and drink.

The weird thing is me deciding to quit, and leave and not go back (I've been there since New Years Day drinking non-stop) means losing all of those people I met and had connections behind. They aren't abusive I just think they're caught into an addiction too, I mean what I miss is the socialization aspect of being out and being on a relatable level with people.

I know that this sounds stupid but, I just hate being stuck at my house lonely. It's like I'm not just addicted to alcohol, I'm addicted to the socialization lifestyle.. Everything seems so, boring, like Ill feel this loneliness for the rest of my life. I know that seems a tad dramatic and I need to switch my focus to the gym or school (that I'm just starting up), I just don't know if anything will generally make me feel as good ever again.

I guess what I'm trying to ask, is if you had that feeling after quitting, like nothing else will ever be the same again, or that those were the best moments of your life? Sorry just needed to vent. Been lonely, and feel I have no one to talk to, and now because of this decision to better myself I'm just going to be generally unsatisfied for the rest of my life.

I assume it gets better though, I just maybe want to hear a story wear everything gets BETTER then it was when using.

PS: Rehab isn't an option because I'm enrolled in university until april =\

Thanks, and happy new year to all of you!
Old 01-08-2018, 09:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Leibss

I dunno but I suspect its not true there are only two choices for you - hanging out with drinking or using mates or sitting at home alone.

I felt the same once - and I kept hanging out with my drinking using mates...and I drank and used....

there a third option - building a new sober life.

I reconnected with old friends my drinking had pushed away and I made new friends by following my hobbies and interests

I went out for coffee dates, movies, cafes - anything that didn't need alcohol involved.

If I wanted change I needed to make changes - there's really not another way.

D
Old 01-09-2018, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

how are you today Leibss ?
Old 09-17-2023, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Roscoe12345

I have felt the same way too. I am not sober yet it’s a daily struggle to fully get out and I think this has helped me see that’s another part of it. My few friends that I met that also I should not be associated with - they’re also just relatable human beings who I really care about. I’ve helped them get resumes together and jobs before or food assistance when needed and they’re not bad people and I don’t feel like I’m a bad person. It’s hard to let go of the ppl we know aren’t good for us and it’s almost like a rebellion bc they understand you already on a deeper level than most. I hate feeling isolated. Maybe if you ever wanted to chat more or we could be accountability partners to help not feel so alone when home if we could make it 2 days or even 1 at a time sober it could help? I’m a healthcare worker and need to stop and cannot do rehab but I know I have the power to quit but my heart is heavy on subjects like this. Feel free to reach out im Amanda .
Old 09-17-2023, 04:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

This thread is 5 years old so you might not get a response from the Original Poster, Amanda

D